‹ Prequel: Black Keys
Status: Complete

With Every Strike Of Lightning.

Lauren's POV

We walked off of the plane, Claire and I in lead while Jordan and Nick strolled along holding hands. After grabbing our bags. I grabbed Claire’s hands and made a run for where Kieran and Jordan’s parents would be, knowing full well Jordan would be doing the same thing so that she could show her ring off to her awaiting family. Together the 4 of us ran to Kieran and Jordan’s parents once we’d spotted them.

“Guess whose home for Christmas.” Claire and I yelled when we saw Kieran.

“I don’t know, Santa?” Kieran laughed as I gave him a bone crunching hug.

“Killing me.” Kieran faked while Claire just watched in amusement.

“Come here Claire.” Kieran said taking on the roll of big brother for Claire all over again, he’d always been protective of us.

“Kieran!” Claire laughed, giving him a hug.

“Hey girls.” Jordan’s mum, Mandy smiled.

“Hey.” We both smiled together.

“How was your flight? How long are you staying for? Make sure you come and see us before you go.” She said, checking her fingers off.

“It was good thanks.” Claire started.

“We’re staying until the 28th because Dads birthdays on the 26th.” I added.

“And we’ll come see you for definite.” Claire and I smiled together.

“Good. Well we better get going. Tell your mums I said hi.” She smiled, waving slightly.

“See you tomorrow Jordan.” We squealed together.

Jordan and Nick were coming to see us tomorrow morning, around 11, so we could swap presents then.

“What about me?” Nick fake whined.

“Oh sorry Nick. See you tomorrow too.” I laughed while pulling from the hug I was giving Jordan to give him a hug.

After we’d hugged each other, we all left in separate ways to get to our respected cars.

We talked about everything that’s been going on since id last seen Kieran the whole way home, telling him about our plans for New Years eve, our advert that was being aired in America on the 27th of December and being aired in the UK in January and about how Gary had set Claire and I up with our outfits for new years.

“Sounds like a lot of fun.” Kieran laughed as he pulled into the drive of our childhood home.

Claire and I looked at each other before jumping out and running around in the gardens just like we would when we were little and it was Christmas Eve. Our homes were decorated just like every year, the Christmas trees visible through the windows and the different Christmas smells wafting through the air.

“Its Christmas tomorrow.” I yelled, skipping around Claire’s front garden.

My shouting alerted Claire’s parents to her being home, making them run to the door while Kieran had already gone in and got my parents who were watching Claire and me in amusement from the door step.

“MUM! DAD!” I yelled as I hopped over the small fence dividing the two gardens and over to them.

Hugging them both, I ran back over to Claire’s parents before hugging Claire goodbye and going into my childhood home to settle in and spend some time with my family.

I spent the evening talking and laughing about past Christmas’ before going to bed and then going to sleep so I could wake up early for Christmas morning, open my presents and spend time with my family. Before id gone to bed, id led all of the presents id brought everyone out, leaving Claire’s, Jordan’s, Nicks and Claire’s parents out as well so I could give them, them in the morning when I saw them all.

I woke up in the morning to my sisters jumping on the bed. Something I’d been woken up to every Christmas from the time the oldest, Dana, could walk, so it’s been about 17 years.

“Lauren, get up, we’re opening presents in a minute.” Chloe yelled at me.

“Alright, alright, I’m coming.” I laughed as I climbed out of bed, pulled on my dressing gown and pulled my hair into a ponytail as I walked down the stairs.

I walked into the living room to see my sisters already demolishing the presents and my parents and brother sipping on cups of coffee. I joined the girls on the floor and began ripping my presents opening, gushing and thanking my parents for every one of them.

Once all of the presents were open, we had breakfast and then all went off to get changed before people started coming over. I ran upstairs after eating a piece of toast and into my old bedroom so that I could get dressed. Pulling on the pair of skinny jeans, t-shirt, jumper and boots my parents had brought me, I re-done my hair so that it was neat and then skipped down the stairs, sending happy Christmas text messages to everyone in my phone.

When I reached the bottom stair, Claire and her parents walked into the house.

“Happy Christmas.” Claire and I yelled together making everyone laugh.

“I have presents in the living room, come on.” I laughed, grabbing Claire’s hand and pulling her into the living room.

I gave her my presents to her and I gave the present id brought for her parents to them. Sitting down on the floor I smiled as they opened the presents and thanked me before giving me the presents they’d brought for me. I opened them up, throwing the wrapping paper everywhere. When I opened them, I smiled, giving them all a hug each.

“Thank you.” I smiled, adding them to my little pile of presents in the corner.

“I don’t know how we’re going to take these presents back home.” Claire laughed.

“I know, mum and dad will have to send them out.” I laughed as well.

Claire’s mum and dad left to go to the kitchen where my parents were while my sisters all played with their new presents, phones, iPods’ and god knows what else were being used all over the house.

“What time will Jordan and Nick be here?” Claire asked me as we munched on chocolate while watching Panto’s on TV.

“About 11. We’ve got about half an hour.” I said as I put the empty wrapper from one box of minstrel tubes onto the floor.

“Cool.” Claire smiled, turning the TV up a bit.

We both stayed in the same position until we heard the door knock. Both of us jumped up and ran to the door, opening it together. Jordan and Nick walked in, smiles on their faces and both with Red Noses from the cold weather outside.
♠ ♠ ♠
3 comments would be lovely :)
You are lucky Claire asked me to update tonight because I wasnt going to do it til tomorrow ha ha. xo