‹ Prequel: Black Keys
Status: Complete

With Every Strike Of Lightning.

Lauren POV

We pulled into the long drive and stopped the car. Jordan and Nick stood at the door smiling as Kevin, Joe, Denise, Paul and Frankie walked into the house, Claire and I seemed to be the last to arrive to their little family dinner they were putting on.

“CLAIRE! LAUREN!” Jordan yelled as we walked to the door.

“JORDAN!” We mimicked as we each hugged her.

“It’s been days since we last saw each other.” Jordan complained as we walked into the large living room.

“We saw each other like, 2 days ago.” Claire laughed.

“Still, it’s been ages.” Jordan smiled as we all sat down on the sofa opposite Nick, Joe, Frankie and Kevin.

“It has.” I smiled, putting my bag on the floor.

“See, Lauren takes my side.” Jordan smirked, Claire and I burst into laughter.

Since id been horrid to each other 2 days ago when we got back from England, we’d been ok but I could feel an argument brewing today after id burnt a little bit of carpet in the living room when I dropped a candle last night. Claire looked at me and tried to hide her annoyance that had been brewing since but I could see straight through her.

“Do you mind if I go and ring my mum a minute? She asked me to ring her.” I asked gently.

“Sure.” Jordan smiled warmly.

Once outside of the front door, I sat on the doorstep and pulled my phone out. Playing with it, I decided to dial my parents home number and give my mum a ring even though I didn’t need to, I just needed to get out of the room away from Kevin’s looks where he was trying to get my to talk to him and Claire’s disappointed looks. I really felt like the odd one out at the moment.

I sat on the doorstep for about half an hour, talking to my mum on the phone before I decided I better get back inside and stop being so anti-social.

“Sorry about that.” I smiled as I sat down next to Claire.

“Don’t worry.” Nick smiled back before Jordan came into the room.

“Right, you have to sit at the table because dinners ready now.” She smiled truimphly.

“You mean you didn’t burn anything.” Claire laughed.

“Too right.” Jordan beamed.

“Remember all the times we burnt food when we first moved in together, we’re better cooks now.” I smiled, remembering all of the times we had to buy a new fire extinguisher.

“Yeah.” Claire laughed while Frankie looked amused.

We all sat down at the table, Jordan on my left and Claire on my right while the Jonas family sat around us. The meal went well, we ate in silence for part of it before conversations were started and everyone went off into their own little worlds of new gossip and important information they wanted to share.

“So girls, are you excited for New Years Eve?” Denise asked us while we all sat around talking once we’d finished our food.

“Overly.” Claire beamed.

“Claire’s overly excited she means, she’s wanted to go to New York on New Year’s Eve for years.” I smiled.

“You want to go to.” Claire said before going back to talking to Joe.

I shrugged my shoulders and put my cup down on the table.

“Jordan, cant you bump Nick off and come live with us again? Our house is boring without you.” I moaned.

“Id love to but I can’t.” Jordan smiled.

“Oh we feel loved right now.” I laughed.

“She’s mine now.” Nick smirked while I poked my tongue out at him and Jordan rolled her eyes.

Before long we were leaving. Claire and I hugged Jordan, Nick, Frankie, Paul, Denise and Joe but I skipped Kevin, Claire gave him a hug to not seem rude though.

“Claire, do you want to drive or do you want me to?” I asked as we walked towards the car.

“I want to.” Claire smiled. I threw her the keys and we were soon on our way home.

New Years Eve
I walked out of the bathroom and into the room I was sharing with Claire and Jordan. Jordan was staying in with us while Nick stayed with Kevin and Joe.

“What time do we need to be ready for?” I asked no one in particular while I began towel drying my hair.

“7 o’clock.” Claire answered while she started straightening her hair.

“Ok. So I’ve got a little while to completely slob out in front of the TV?” I grinned, hoping it would work.

“Nope, you have to help me straighten my hair while Jordan gets in the shower.” Claire smirked.

“Not cool.” I laughed, standing up and plugging in my straightners.

While I waited for them to heat up, I grabbed my iPod and plugged it into Claire’s speakers because her IPod was on charge.

“Do you want a particular song?” I asked Claire.

“No, just put anything on.” She said, concentrating on doing her hair.

“Alright.” I smiled, picking ‘I’m In Miami Trick’ by LMFAO.

“How you still love this song.” Claire laughed as I began on the other side of her head.

“I know, it’s because I’m so cool.” I laughed before singing along to the words.

Before long, Claire’s hair was straight while mine was dry but curly. Claire looked at me and laughed before pushing me onto the chair she’d just been sat on and helping me to straighten my hair before I put it up for the show tonight.

Once half of my hair was straight, Jordan walked out of the bathroom, her hair in a towel and her pyjamas on. There was also a knock on the door. Claire ran and opened the door to see Gary smiling at us. He walked in, followed by his partner.

“Hey Gary.” I smiled, putting the straightners down and turning to face him.

“Hello girls, I’ve got your dresses, shoes, bags and accessories.” He smiled, putting everything down onto the nearest bed.

“Thanks.” Claire smiled, going to the pile of things with her name on.

“That’s ok. Claire, go get ready first dear.” He smiled, pushing her into the bathroom.

I turned back around and finished doing my hair quickly. Pulling it up, I tied it into a messy bun and grabbed my curlers. I curled the loose bits of hair falling down before spraying some hair spray on and beginning my makeup.

When Claire left the bathroom, completely kitted out for the show, I was almost ready with my makeup. Jordan walked in quickly and came back out just as I finished my makeup. I stood up, picked up my things and walked into the bathroom to change.

Pulling off my pyjamas, I folded them and put them on the side before pulling on my dress and doing it up. Slipping on my tights, I sighed. I had to wear heels tonight, something I despised. Pulling on the shoes, I quickly put on my accessories and then left the bathroom.

“You all look amazing.” Gary admired as we all twirled around and smiled at him.

“That’s because you’re amazing.” We all laughed together.