‹ Prequel: Black Keys
Status: Complete

With Every Strike Of Lightning.

Claire's POV

“Clairzie, I’m here where you to?” Danielle called.

“Upstairs.” I called back while putting the finishing touches to the collage for Lauren.

“Wow, that’s amazing.” Danielle said as she walked into the room. I couldn’t agree more with her, it was like a picture timeline, from the beginning of Nick and Jordan’s relationship to their wedding day.

“Thank you, it was Lauren’s idea. This is part of Nick and Jordan’s wedding present from us.” I beamed getting up from Lauren’s bed.

“I couldn’t believe she invited me, I always thought she hated me.” Danielle said linking her arm through mine.

“Perhaps she is going to give you a chance just like I did.” I smiled grabbing my bag and heading out the door with her. The truth was I had to beg Jordan to invite her.

“I mean she even invited me to the hen weekend, meaning I get to spend a whole weekend with you girls.” She rambled.

“Yeah, it’ll be great.” I muttered I was suddenly worrying about Lauren and Danielle being in the same suite as each other for the whole weekend.

We were heading to Gary’s studio, I had called him and explained Danielle’s situation and he had told me to bring her straight to him. I didn’t understand why Danielle didn’t think she would be invited to the wedding though, after all she was dating Kevin.

“Thank you, for seeing us in such short notice. It’s just we are in sort of a rush.” I said kissing both of Gary’s cheeks before introducing him to Danielle.

“Ah, yes the wedding is next week isn’t it!” Gary said holding a tape measure up to Danielle.

“Yeah, but we are on more of a tight time limit than that. I have to get back in two hours and get my hair done.” I laughed slightly.

“Are you going to have a new hairstyle doll, or just a trim?” Gary asked while signaling for Danielle to turn around.

“I’m going to have a few inches off of the length and I’m going to go back blonde. The problem is I’m going to have to go red first, meaning I will probably be a red head for the hen weekend and then a blonde for the wedding.” I explained.

“What colors do you normally wear?” This was the first time Gary had spoke to Danielle.

“Pink, Black, white or purple.” She smiled.

Gary just nodded before going over to his closet that was bigger than mine and Lauren’s rooms put together and started searching for a dress.

“I can’t believe you are actually going back blonde! I knew you would listen to me.” She said suddenly hugging me.

“Yeah, well you know how it is, New Year new hair color.” I smiled as Gary came out with a pile of dresses.

“Go try all these on.” He said dumping them into Danielle’s arms and showing her to a changing room.

As soon as she was out of hear shot, Gary turned to me. “Why do you like her? After all that she put Lauren through you are acting like her best friend have you lost your mind?”

“I decided to give her a chance, and honestly it is as much as Kevin’s fault as it is hers. She is really cool Gary, it’s a shame people won’t give her a chance.” I sighed.

Danielle tried on all of the dresses finally deciding on a navy blue one that complimented her skin tone. I quickly handed over the money for it, and rushed out of the door in a rush.

“Could you get Kevin to pick you up from mine would that be okay? It’s just Joan doesn’t like waiting around.” I said as we hoped into the awaiting car.

“Yeah that’s fine, I’ll give him a call now.” She smiled.

Meanwhile the words that Gary and Jordan had said to me were spinning around in my mind. Why had I become best friends with Danielle, all she done was offer me her mascara on New Years eve. Then I remembered, she was there for me, when Jordan was planning her wedding and Lauren was moping around.

I noticed Joan’s car already outside, I hoped Lauren was in. When I walked in Joan was cutting Lauren’s hair.

“Oh you didn’t tell me you were getting your hair cut?” I said feeling a little hurt.

“Yeah, I called her the other day, she said she would be coming round to do your hair anyway so it wouldn’t be a problem.” Lauren said, a pang of guilt ran through me. Lauren and I had always booked appointments together; I had been too wrapped up in plans I made with Danielle to remember to let her know I had booked an appointment.

“There you go Lauren, go have a look in the mirror. Now Claire, you are the difficult one.” She smiled rolling her eyes.

“Aren’t I always?” I joked before telling her what I wanted.

Danielle went to the fridge and helped herself to a drink, before Lauren came down stairs with a smile on her face.

“So, why are you going blonde again Claire?” Joan asked whilst we waiting for the dye to set.

“I don’t know, it’s a new year I need a change.” I shrugged.
“Or rather she misses the past, so she wants to change her hair color back in a hope she will get Joe back.” Lauren joked.

I had not thought of that, but now that she brought it up I guess that was a major part of the change. Lauren noticed my sudden realization because she laughed a little.

“I know you to well Claire.” Her smile met her eyes for once.

Just then Kevin and Joe walked in, Kevin seemed very uncomfortable where as Joe came prancing in and sat on one of the work surfaces in the kitchen.

“Make yourself at home Jonas why don’t you!” Lauren joked walking over to Joe.

Danielle latched herself onto Kevin. “Hey babe, did you find a dress?” Kevin said kissing Danielle.

“Yeah thanks to Claire!” Danielle beamed.

“Did you finish the present?” Lauren asked talking over Danielle who was telling Kevin about her dress.

“Yeah, I finished It before we left, it’s upstairs.” I said well Joan walking me over to the sink.

“What is it?” Joe asked.

“Come and see, but you have to promise not to tell Jordan or Nick what it is.” Lauren said as she led the way upstairs.

I leant back so Joan could wash my hair off. “Right now Claire, don’t freak we had to have your hair this color to get it to go back blonde.” Joan said stepping away from me.

“Is it ginger?” I asked as Danielle and Kevin started laughing.

“Well, I wouldn’t say. Oh I can’t lie yeah it does. But it’s only for a few days.”

“How longs a few?” I asked looking in the mirror at my now short hair.

“You will be blonde before the wedding don’t you worry.” Joan said packing all her stuff up.

She left soon after, Lauren and Joe came down the stairs about an hour after she had left.

“Whoa, Claire do you know what color your hair is?” Joe asked when he saw me.

“Joe! What did I tell you about being nice, it isn’t permanent, it’s just so she can go blonde.” Lauren said smiling at me.

“You’re going back blonde?” Joe said before Kevin dragged him out, I could have sworn he was smiling.
♠ ♠ ♠
In this chapter there is a little more of Kevin because i know you lot all miss him :)
In this chapter Claire explains why she decided to give Danielle a chance hope you lot warm up to the idea after reading this did you? I want to know.

I'm Seventeen tommorow :D <3 Can not wait to see Lauren and Jordan tommorow either.

Comments would be amazingly briliant <-- that doesn't make sense.
Oh god this is way to long sorry.