‹ Prequel: Black Keys
Status: Complete

With Every Strike Of Lightning.

Claire's Pov

“Have fun you two!” I waved as Jordan and Nick got into the car that was taking them to the airport.

I almost feel over, but luckily Kevin was standing beside me so I fell into him. Joe and Lauren were already walking back inside with Frankie.

“Whoa, easy Claire. How much have you had to drink?” He asked looking between Danielle and I.

Danielle had to bite her lip to stop herself from laughing. The truth was Danielle went around the whole room distracting people whilst I downed their drink behind their backs.

“You know what I don’t even want to know.” Kevin giggled slightly helping me stand straight.

“See this is why I love you Kevy.” Danielle grinned leaning closer to him not bothering to pull down her purple dress that was barley covering her.

Apparently the navy blue dress didn’t go with her black shoes she had, which even I could tell was a lie because navy blue and black are like made to be worn together. I let it slide though, not really wanting to cause a scene at Jordan’s wedding.

“Eww, alright love birds I’m going to leave you two to it.” I said pulling out of Kevin’s grip and stumbling inside again.

I was at the bar, waiting for the bartender to come back with my vodka and coke when someone taped me on the shoulder.

“You’re blonde again.” It was Mel. I hardly recognized her, her once purple hair was now a light shade of brown.

“You’re pregnant!” Was the only thing I could say. It wasn’t hard to notice, her bump was clearly visible.

“Yeah, I’m due March the 4th. “ Mel beamed flashing her wedding ring.

“Oh my god, you are married as well!” I raised my voice just as the bar tender came back with a double vodka and coke.

“Yeah, I have been for almost a year. Alex is over there, come over and say hello later. That is if you can stand, by the looks of it you barley can now.” She hugged me before walking back over to Alex.

I could see Lauren on the dance floor, I smiled knowing she was as drunk as me but she was trying to pretend she wasn’t. Downing my vodka and coke and made my way over to her.

“Someone is very drunk.” I sang as I reached her.

“I know you are, but what am I?” Lauren smirked poking tongue out.
The song ended and “Living on a prayer” started playing. I smiled at Lauren, her smile matching mine. I knew she just had the same flashback, it was of our end of tour party three years ago.

By the end of the song Lauren and I were swaying together our arms around each others shoulders. Joe and Kieran came and joined us, as we danced to bounce.

“This song was requested by the bride and groom before they left. This is Because you loved me.” The DJ announced into the microphone.

Kevin was making his way over to us. “Danielle as gone home, she can’t handle her drink.” He said into my ear as the opening notes started to play.

I just laughed a little, sensing Lauren tense beside me. Kevin glanced at Lauren before blushing a little.

“Care to dance?” He asked her.

Kieran stood in front of Lauren as if he was protecting her. I couldn’t let this opportunity pass by, I may be Danielle’s friend but I was Lauren’s best friend.

I stood on Kieran’s foot causing him to glare at me before limping off. I’m glad my heels came in useful for something.

“Uhm.” Lauren hesitated watching Kieran limp away.

“She would love to.” I gently pushed her forward.

They started swaying to the music at first it was awkward but after a minute or two they both relaxed and began talking quietly.

“Wow, I guess you are not on team Danielle.” Joe smiled wrapping his arms around my waist.

“I don’t know what you are on about. Kieran had a cramp.” I smiled at him wrapping my arms around his neck as we moved together.

“Poor guy.” Joe played along.

The song ended too soon, but much to my relief Joe had no intention of stopping. “Moments by westlife” came on. I was now holding onto Joe to stop myself from falling over. Lauren and Kevin had now gone their separate ways which made me frown.

“Don’t be surprised, Kevin is with Danielle. Sometimes you don’t always get a happy ending.” Joe said leaning closer to me so I could hear him.

“I know, I just want things to be the same as they were when Lauren and I first met you guys.” I sighed concentrating on not slurring my words.

“What, you and Lauren hating me and Kevin? I have to say Claire I am hurt.” Joe fake pouted.

“No, you doofus. Once upon a time we did all get along.” I laughed smacking him gently.

“We were all in love back then, and even then we all had our arguments.” Joe reminded me.

From the corner of my eye I saw Lauren run outside, it looked like she was crying. Joe must have seen her as well because he dropped his arms from my waist.

“I should g-“ I began to say.

“No, she is drunk and so are you. You will just make things worse I’ll go.” The words came out harsh, making me stumble backwards a little.It might have just been due to the alcohol I had consumed.

I watched as he ran after Lauren, jealousy, anger and heart break washed over me. Kevin walked over to me.

“Ignore him Claire, he is as blind as a bat when it comes to women.” Kevin said leading me off the dance floor.

“I haven’t had chance to thank you.” Kevin continued.

“What for?” I asked sitting in a chair whilst Kevin stayed standing.

“Giving Danielle a chance, I know it took a lot to swallow your pride and talk to her. I know this hasn’t been a easy few months for you and Lauren. It will get better though just give Lauren time.” He said.

“No problem Kev, I mean Danielle is an alright girl.” I trailed off.

“Just not as nice as Lauren.” He mumbled staring into space. By the time I had noticed what he had said he was saying goodbye to people.

I walked over to the bar ordering myself another shot, scanning the room. Mr. and Mrs. Jonas had left a little while ago, now that Kevin had gone as well to check on Danielle I assumed, I was alone.

“This is your last order.” The bar tender, a man of average height who had black hair and a few piercings said.

“What! You must be mistaken, the bride and groom booked this until four in the morning.” I said getting angry.

“Did I say the bar was closing? Meet me outside in ten minutes.” He smirked.

I finished my drink before stumbling outside saying by to Mel and Alex on the way. Outside I pulled my coat tighter around me it was a cold February night. Whilst I was waiting I was talking myself through what I was doing. Going back to a strangers house, whilst im in a state I have never been before.

“You actually waited.” He said appearing from the back door of the club.

“Yeah, besides I have no intention of going back to my hotel room anyway.” I sighed, wondering what Lauren was doing now.

“Trying to prove a point?” He chuckled quietly wrapping his arm around my waist guiding me up the road.

“Something like that.” I muttered, resting my head on his shoulder.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is for Hanine because she has been waiting for this chapter for ages.
So is Claire seeing Danielle's true colours finally?
Right..Readers this story is well on the way to ending soon so it would be nice to have more comments.