‹ Prequel: Black Keys
Status: Complete

With Every Strike Of Lightning.

Claire's Pov

Kevin jumped out of the car, not bothering to shut the door. I followed after him, leaving Joe to close the doors and making sure the car was locked. Ignoring the paparazzi I ran through the airport following Kevin’s curly hair in the distance.

“Claire, wait up.” I turned round to see Joe running towards me, before he got to me he tried jumping over the chairs and only just made it landing face first on the floor.

I couldn’t help but chuckle a little, reaching out and helping him up. We both ran the rest of the way to the departures gate, our hands still entwined. Kevin was on one knee in front of Lauren.

Lauren was blushing; a smile was plastered to her face. Kevin was still on the floor looking nervous.

“Yes I think.” I answered to put Kevin out of his misery.

Lauren smiled at me before jumping into Kevin’s awaiting arms. That was when I realized Joe and I were still holding hands. I slowly released my grip on his hand, but Joe squeezed my hand tighter.

Lauren came running up to me, flinging her arms around my neck. I instantly let go of Joe’s hand and embraced her in a hug. We both started crying, both of us realizing how close we had came to losing each other as best friends.

“I’m sorry for everything I have said and done over the past few months. I wasn’t myself.” I sobbed not caring what I looked like.

“It’s okay, I haven’t been the easiest people to get along with recently. Let’s start again, a new start.” Lauren said pulling away from me.

“With a new husband.” I squealed, looking down at Lauren’s bare finger.

Lauren walked over to Kevin, who was talking with Joe. We all got escorted out of the back of the airport because the paparazzi were obviously going mental outside.

Lauren and Kevin walked a head of us, Kevin’s arm wrapped firmly around her waist. I sighed thinking about how she always came out on top every time something bad happened. I wish I could be more like her.

We reached the door, Lauren and Kevin walked out with their arms round each other. after all they are engaged now Joe stopped just inside of the door a wall was blocking us from the paparazzi.

“It doesn’t have to be like last time you know.” He said quietly.

I stood on my toes to make me level with Joe, bearing in mind I still had my heels on from the wedding as well. Pressing our foreheads together I nodded gently causing Joe to wrap his arms around my waist.

I walked out of the airport, behind Joe. We didn’t want to give them anything else to talk about. At this rate Simon was going to have a heart attack.

We got in the car, where Kevin and Lauren were talking. It looked like Kevin was going to cry whatever it was. When we sat down they looked at Joe and I smiling at our entwined hands.

On the car ride back to our apartment, Kevin filled us in on the Danielle situation. She was cheating on him for four months in total. It also turned out that I was a part of the plan. Danielle be-friend me and then she told Kevin countless times we were hanging out when in fact she was on a flight back to New Jersey to see another man. To say I was angry was an understatement.

“I guess people in Hollywood are fake.” Lauren mumbled after sitting in silence listening to Kevin.

“Yeah, and I was one of those people for a few months. I’m sorry.” I couldn’t believe how stupid I had been.

“It’s okay Claire bear, stop apologizing now. We forgive you don’t we guys?” Lauren said using my old nickname, making me smile.

Kevin nodded, giving me a small smile. After all we had both been made a fool out of by Danielle. Joe pulled me onto his lap, resting his head in the crook of my neck, whilst tracing around the outline of my tattoo.

When we got back to our apartment, there were paparazzi waiting for us outside. Simon’s car was parked outside as well.

“Don’t say anything until we get inside.” Kevin said before getting out of the car running round to the other side of the car opening the door for Lauren.

Joe then got out of the car, helping me out. I then covered my eyes with the sunglasses I still had on and let Joe lead the way inside. I could feel the tension as soon as I walked into the room.

Kevin and Lauren were sat on the sofa, Simon was pacing in front of them. I tried to sneak upstairs so that I could have a shower but my heels were too noisy on the tiled flooring. Simon swiveled round, pointing at Joe and I before pointing to the seats next to Lauren.

We all sat there in silence watching Simon pace back and fourth in front of us. After a while of watching Simon’s feet, my hangover kicked in. I groaned burying my head into Joe’s chest.

“Where do I start?” Simon stood still glaring at me.

“Anywhere just hurry up, I need to go to bed.” I complained not really caring.

“Right, let’s start with you then because you are being so vocal.” Simon seethed looking down at me.

“You do know paparazzi caught you coming out of a house in New Jersey?” Simon asked causing me to groan once more.

I could feel Lauren’s eyes boring into me. “Crap.” I mumbled.

“Lucky for you, the photographer only wanted money, he called me up early this morning demanding money other wise he would print the picture.”

“Did you, uh-pay him?” I chocked out getting worried.

“Of course we did! Your reputation is only just being built back up. But you have to be more careful in future. No clubbing, no alcohol and no more one night stands is that clear?” Simon shouted his face turning red.

I nodded; Joe had removed his hand from mine. He then turned his attention to Kevin. I blocked out what he was saying, all I heard was that they would release a statement explaining to the fans about Danielle.

“Can i- be excused now?” I asked before he turned to Lauren. He nodded.

I ran up the stairs, Joe following me. I couldn’t look at him, I knew I could have blown it already before it even started. I walked into my room before chucking my shoes in the corner.

“You never did explain why you missed the flight.” Joe said sitting on my bed.

“You never really asked.” I sighed running my hands through my hair.

“I’m asking now.” He was getting annoyed I could tell.

“I was just angry, I mean you left me in the middle of the dance floor to go see if Lauren was okay after you had basically called me a bad best friend.” I said gently.

“So you what, thought you would be stubborn and not go back to the hotel. Instead you went to some guy’s house?” Joe said laughing slightly, even though I’m sure he wasn’t finding any of this funny.

I just looked at him, there we no point in denying it. He put his face in his hands.

“What am I going to do with you?” He said after a while.

I took this as a good sign and wrapped my arms around his neck. Lauren came skipping in, with a smile on her face.
♠ ♠ ♠
(L) Lovey dovey chapter.
There will be a lot of information for Jordan and Nick to take in when they come back don't you think?
Will this be all plain sailing now that all members of two bands are married, getting married and dating? Or will it cause arguments?
Comments would be lovley.