‹ Prequel: Black Keys
Status: Complete

With Every Strike Of Lightning.

Lauren's Pov

I walked into the restaurant, Kevin right by my side, his hand grasping mine tightly. Seeing Jordan and Nick, I tugged Kevin over to them and sat down, grinning at them both.

“JORDAN!” I yelled as she laughed.

“LAUREN!” She mimicked as I hugged her over the table.

“Where’s Joe and Claire?” Kevin asked, wrapping his arm around my waist.

“I’m not sure.” Nick admitted, smiling at Jordan.

“If they aren’t here in 5 minutes, I’m ordering without them.” I laughed, looking at the menu on the table.

“Same here, recording makes me hungry.” Jordan laughed.

I smiled at Jordan before looking at the menu. I made it look like I was reading the menu when I was actually trying to figure out what was wrong with Jordan, she wasn’t acting right to me, she seemed different. I was also trying to find of a way to tell Kevin I was going to go back to mine and Claire’s apartment because I hadn’t stayed there in so long.

“Are you ok?” Kevin whispered to me, drawing me out of my thoughts.

“Yeah I’m fine.” I smiled, placing the menu down and twirling my engagement ring around my finger.

I looked up just as Claire and Joe walked into the restaurant, hand in hand. I smiled at them before patting the seat next to me for Claire to sit in.

“Claire, I’m coming home with you tonight so Joe, you can’t.” I said, poking my tongue out at him.

“Why?” He said, looking at me confused.

“Because I miss being Claire’s housemate.” I stated, leaning against Kevin’s arm slightly.

“That’s ok isn’t it.” I whispered to him.

Getting a nod off of him in response, I smiled and kissed his cheek, not wanting to kiss him properly so everyone would be put off their food when we’d ordered it.

“When is everyone else getting here?” I asked just as Simon walked over to the table followed by Denise, Paul and Frankie.

“Does that answer your question?” Joe laughed.

“Shush Jonas.” I smiled.

“I can so call you that soon.” He laughed.

“No you can’t because I’m making my name a double-barrel just so you can’t.” I laughed, poking my tongue out at him.

“Sorry we’re late.” Denise said as she sat down next to Jordan.

“That’s fine.” Jordan smiled.

“So, we have some news for after we’ve eaten.” Nick smiled, causing Jordan to blush slightly.

“I want to know now.” I stated, making Claire laugh.

“What, I’m blunt.” I grinned while Kevin smirked down at me.

“We all know that one. We learnt when we first met you.” Kevin smiled.

“That’s because I’m cool.” I laughed.

We all went off into our own little conversations then while I thought about what Jordan and Nick’s news could be. The waitress came over and took our orders before hurrying off again, coming back a few minutes later with a tray of drinks for us all. The only alcohol ordered were a glass of wine by Paul and Simon.

“So, what’s the big news?” Denise asked as we all finished our main meal.

“We’ll tell you in a second.” Nick said as the waitress came back with our deserts and took our plates.

Once she had gone, all eyes were on Nick and Jordan. Their hands were laced together while Jordan looked around everyone, looking slightly worried.

“Well, its big news.” Nick said, taking a sip of his drink.

“You better tell us before Lauren bursts.” Claire laughed looking at me and shaking her head.

“Ok, well, we’re having a baby.” Jordan said very quickly.

I looked at her before looking at Claire. All three of us jumped up at the same time and started squealing making the boys laugh. I ran around the table, pulling Claire with me.

“JORDAN’S GOING TO BE A MUMMY.” I laughed, hugging her before giving Nick a hug.

“Eek.” Was all I could hear from Claire making me laugh.

“Jordan, this is amazing.” Denise smiled, hugging her.

Nick looked so proud. I smiled at him before wrapping my arms around Kevin.

“You’re going to be an uncle.” I said to him, kissing his cheek.

“I know. We better catch up with them . They’re married and Jordan’s pregnant and they’re younger.” Kevin laughed.

I forced a laugh at this point. By now I would have had my baby. Kevin realised what was wrong because he wrapped his arms around my waist and kissed my forehead before whispering a sorry. I smiled up at him before going to talk to Jordan, I was not going to bring a downer onto such brilliant news.

As everyone congratulated Jordan and Nick, I looked over to see a pained expression on Claire’s face. Pulling from Kevin’s arms, I walked over to Claire and wrapped an arm around her.

“Hey buddy.” I smiled, hoping to lighten the mood.

“Hey.” Claire smiled.

“Come on, it’s time for a special talk.” I smiled, pulling her around the corner and into the coat room.

“I’m fine.” Claire tried to argue.

“Cut the crap Sparks. I know something’s wrong, you’re my best friend.” I said.

“Fine, I’m just a little upset.”

“About Jordan having a baby?” I asked confused.

“About Jordan having a baby, about you getting married and about Joe wanting none of it.” Claire said around a sigh.

“Oh he better want it. I’m going kick his butt.” I said, walking away.

Claire grabbed my arm laughing.

“No, don’t worry.” She laughed.

“Ok, but if he doesn’t decide he wants it because you’re too special to let go, then he’s stupid and I can kick his butt then.” I smiled.

“Deal.” Claire laughed giving me a hug.

“Come on then bestie, we’ve got to go celebrate with the other bestie.” I laughed, linking my arm through Claire’s.

We walked back to the table and took our seats, a conversation soon started between Claire, Jordan and I about how far she was gone, how amazing it was that she’s pregnant and how we needed to go shopping for baby things, a thing that I had loved to do with my mum when she had my youngest sister. We ignored Simon’s mumbles as he tried to figure out how he would tell the world Jordan and Nick’s news just weeks after mine and Kevin’s engagement was announced.

“Are you ready to go?” I heard Joe say to Claire, snapping me out of the train of thoughts id been in.

“Uhm yeah. Are you coming back tonight Lauren?” Claire asked, looking over at me.

“Yeah I am. I need to get my stuff from Kevin’s though.” I said, smiling at her.

“Ok, well we’re gunna go. See you in a bit.” She smiled, standing up.

Claire and Joe said their goodbyes, as did Kevin and I. We were all soon leaving in our cars going back to our homes or our partner’s home.
♠ ♠ ♠
.