‹ Prequel: Black Keys
Status: Complete

With Every Strike Of Lightning.

Lauren's POV

“How was your flight?” I asked my sisters as they walked into mine and Claire’s apartment behind me.

“It was crap.” Leanne moaned, as usual.

“OH shut up.” I laughed, closing the door.

“Mum says hi.” Chloe smiled, attacking me in yet another hug.

“It sucks that she couldn’t come as well.” I pouted.

“It does, Leanne and Dana wouldn’t have been fighting as much.” Mickie said, making herself comfortable on the sofa.

“I know.”

“Where’s Claire? I thought she still lived with you.”Chloe asked she’d always been close to Claire as well as now being close to Jordan.

“Her and Joe have gone away for the weekend. Kevin, Jordan and Nick will be over in a bit.” I said, turning the TV on for the girls to watch.

Before I could do anything else, Jordan came running into the apartment, Nick and Kevin walking behind them.

“My adopted sisters!” Jordan yelled with a laugh.

The girls all jumped up and ran over to her, hugging her and touching her small bump. There were a chorus of hellos as everyone got comfortable.

Kevin walked over to me, wrapping his arms around my waist and kissing my cheek, “Hello beautiful.”

“Hey.” I smiled.

“Stop quoting your songs.” Chloe laughed, sitting down on the sofa between Jordan and Nick.

“I’m sorry Chloe, I’ll try my hardest not to from now on.” He smirked while I just rolled my eyes.

“Claire sucks for leaving before you came.” I said, sitting down on Kevin’s lap on the single chair.

“I do not suck.” Claire laughed, walking into the apartment followed by Joe.

“Claire.” Chloe said, rushing to Claire and hugging her tightly.

“Hey Chloe. You didn’t think I would leave before my favourite people got here did you?” Claire laughed.

-_-_-_-

We walked into the dress shop where I had ordered the bridesmaids dresses from.

“Hi.” I said to the lady who instantly began getting the dresses from the cupboard behind her desk, she’d closed the store especially for the dress fittings.

“Here’s yours Jordan.” She smiled, handing Jordan her dress while I sorted the girls out with their dresses.

“What about Claire?” The lady smiled.

“She’s gone away for the weekend. I have her size though.” I said, handing over the piece of paper with all of the measurements on.

“What if it doesn’t fit?” She asked me, looking confused.

“We’ll be back again in a few weeks anyway for Claire and Jordan’s final dress fitting so she’ll get her dress sorted then.” I smiled as my sisters all walked into a different changing room to try on their dresses.

I sat waiting patiently as the girls tried on their dresses, tapping my foot along with the song being played in the background that, unfortunate for me, I knew all too well as being All Time Low’s newest song. As the girls all walked out in their dresses, I smiled. Everyone looked so good in their dresses.

“What do you think?” Dana grinned, twirling around, she obviously loved her dress.

“Very nice.” I laughed.

“Lauren, can’t I just wear jeans?” Chloe whined, pulling at the edge of the dress.

“No.” I laughed, getting up and hugging her.

“Now, stand together girls, I need to send a picture to mum to show her what you look like in your dresses.” I said, pulling my phone out of my pocket and getting the camera up.

I took a few pictures of the girls in their dresses before sending them to my mum while they changed. Once they were all finished, I went and payed for my sisters dresses before booking another day to come and sort Claire and Jordan’s dresses out.

“Ready?” Jordan asked as she grabbed her bag from the side.

“Yup.” I smiled, beginning the walk to the cars.

-_-_-_-

Arriving back at the apartment after going shopping again to get the girls their shoes so they would have the right sizes and so that they would be able to take them home and break them in, I threw my bag down onto the floor before grabbing one of the girl’s bags to take to the car.

“I don’t want to go.” Chloe said as she put her bag into the boot of my car.

“I don’t want you all to go but you have to, you have school tomorrow.”

“We aren’t going though. By the time we get home it’s going to be like, half 3 in the morning.” Dana said, climbing into the car.

“Lucky you.” I laughed, getting into the car myself to take the girls to the airport.

As I started the car, Forever True’s new song, ‘The Devil in Me’, which I wrote started to play. My voice came through the speakers making me go red and change the station we were listening to.

After leaving the airport, my sisters safely strapped in on their flight with all the magazines they could read on their flight home, I arrived back at the apartment feeling lonely and deflated. I loved having my sisters around, it made me feel more at home, especially seeming as for as long as I can remember, my sisters have always been around, making noise and mess.

Slumping down on the sofa in my pyjamas, with a cup of hot chocolate and the remote in my hand, I thought of the crazy weekend I had just experienced with them and laughed. My phone ringing brought me of my thoughts.

“Hello?”

“Hello gorgeous.”

“Hey.” I said, smiling.

“How are you feeling?”

“I’m ok. I miss the noise. I need Claire to come home now and start screaming about something.” I sighed.

“Do you want some company?”

“Yes please.”

“Ok, I’ll be there soon.” I could hear the smile in his voice.

“Ok, bye.”

“I love you.”

“I love you too Jonas.” I said before ending the call and going back to watching TV.

Twenty minutes later, there was a knock on the door. Turning off the TV, I ran to the door and yanked it open. Kevin smiled before walking in, closing the door, he wrapped his arms around me.

“Hey.” He said, kissing my nose.

“Hello.” I said, burying my face into his neck.

“Come on, let’s what some boring TV until Claire and Joe get here.”

“Ok.” I said, letting Kevin lead me back to the sofa.

I curled up in a ball next to him, his arm wrapped around me protectively like it always is these days. We watched the TV in silence as we waited for Claire and Joe to get back from their trip.