‹ Prequel: Black Keys
Status: Complete

With Every Strike Of Lightning.

Lauren's Pov

I climbed into the car and rested my head on Claire’s shoulder; the ride back to the house was in silence while everyone was lost in their thoughts. Of course, I was lost in what could have been, where my life would be now if things hadn’t gone wrong all those months ago, and all because I had gotten drunk enough to ring Alex, I really should delete his number from my phone.

As the car pulled up outside of the house, we all said our thanks and walked into the house, arms linked through each others.

“Thanks for tonight.” I said, hugging both Claire and Jordan before climbing into bed.

“That’s ok.” Jordan smiled.

“What are best friends for?” Claire added.

I soon fell to sleep.

Waking up, I heard my phone ringing in my bag. Jordan and Claire weren’t in the room, obviously already having got up and gone downstairs. I grabbed my bag and pulled out my phone, smiling as I saw Kevin’s name flash on the screen. Pushing the little green button, I answered the call.

“Good morning beautiful.”

“Morning.” I smiled, even though he couldn’t see it.

“How’s your weekend been?”

“It's been good, a lot of talking’s been done and I’m ready to come home.”

“Good, look, I better go because Joe and Nick realise I’m on the phone to you, this no talking to each other thing sucks.”

“Tell me about it. I’ll see you in a few hours.” I said.

“I love you.”

“I love you too.” I said before ending the call.

Climbing out of the bed, I yanked on a cardigan before leaving the room. Reaching the bottom of the stairs, I heard the hustle and bustle of everyone tidying the house before they packed their things ready for us to leave in just a few hours time. Walking into the kitchen, I smiled as I saw my mum wiping down the sides, a very familiar sight to me first thing in the morning.

“Morning, do you need me to do anything?”

“Morning Laur, I don’t need any help out here because I’m done the others might need some help though.” She smiled.

“Ok, I’ll go find out.” I said, leaving the room.

I walked into the living room next to see my sisters just finishing up in there. Waving, I left the room, going into the dining room to see Demi and Selena fighting over the vacuum.

“Morning.” I called.

They both stopped arguing, Demi dropping the vacuum, causing Selena to cheer in happiness before they both called their good mornings. I left the room, laughing to myself.

Hearing Claire and Jordan’s voices upstairs, I skipped up the stairs and into the bathroom to see them just putting the cleaning things back under the sink.

“I'll take it no one needs my help this morning then.” I laughed.

“No we don’t.” Jordan smiled.

“Fine, I’ll go pack my things.” I smirked.

“Fine.” Claire laughed.

I walked out of the bathroom and back into the room I had been sharing with Jordan and Claire for the weekend. The room was pretty tidy apart from the suitcases and clothes laid out for today. I made my bed quickly before grabbing my clothes and going into the bathroom. I changed and tied my hair up before grabbing my pyjamas and everything else I had left in the bathroom and going back into the room.

Claire and Jordan were sat on their beds, talking about the wedding when I walked into the room. They both smiled before Jordan got up and went into the bathroom to change and get ready for the day. Putting my things into my suitcase, I done it up.

“How are you feeling today?” Claire asked me, crossing her legs underneath her.

“I’m fine, no hangover, nothing.” I smiled.

“I meant the whole Alex thing.”

“I know what you meant; I’m going to clear it up when we get home, before I see Kevin as well.” I sighed.

“You don’t need to, he knows how you get when you’ve drank.”

“Trust me, I need to. I need to like, tell him I forgive him, that by him fucking me up for a few months, he made everything better for me. For the both of us.” I laughed.

“Alright, just remember, if you need to talk, I’m here.”

“Cheesy much?” I laughed as Jordan came out of the bathroom, her bump showing through her baggy t-shirt.

“I think it’s time to go shopping.” Jordan whined she’d always hated shopping.

Claire and I just laughed as Claire walked into the bathroom to change.

Before long, everyone was ready to leave the house after an amazing weekend. Of course, my worry kicked in as we got into the car, there was only a week until I would be a married woman now, on top of that, my mum and sisters had to leave to go back to England for the next few days to get everything they need sorted for the wedding.

“I don’t want you to go; can’t you just stay and get dad and Kieran to bring your stuff out?” I whined as we pulled up at the airport.

“We can’t Lauren.” My mum laughed.

“Fine, I’m not your friend anymore.” I laughed as we all climbed out.

Demi and Selena said their goodbyes before getting back into the mini-bus to wait for Claire, Jordan and I there while we walked into the airport with my mum and sisters.

“Bye.” I said sadly, hugging each of my sisters before hugging my mum. Claire and Jordan were doing the same thing.

“Don’t worry Laur; we’ll be back in like, 5 days.” Chloe said, hugging me again.

“I know I don’t like it though.” I pouted.

“Jesus, your worse than Chloe and she’s 7 years younger than you.” Dana laughed.

“Shut up, you’re not the one who has to live with just a boy from next week.” I laughed.

Everyone laughed, while I hugged everyone one more time. I waved as my mum and sisters walked through the airport to get to their boarding gate. Claire, Jordan and I walked out of the airport, our arms linked and our sunglasses on.

Paparazzi were waiting outside, asking millions of questions as we made our way back to the mini-bus. Selena and Demi were sat in the back, glasses on even though the windows are blacked out. Claire and Jordan climbed into the car first, sitting in seats next to each other while I opted for one at the back of the mini-bus, my wedding book in my hands while I thought of all the last minute things that needed to be done.

“Lauren, your hen weekend isn’t officially over yet, give me that book now.” Demi said, snatching the book from my hands.

“Hey, I need to work out what needs to be done still.” I protested while Demi gave the book to Claire.

“We’ll sort it out when we get home.” Claire smiled.

“Fine.” I laughed.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is Claire posting for Lauren, seeing as Lauren's pc is all over the place at the moment.
We would love some feedback on this story seeing as it's nearly over :(