Albus Potter and Friends

Discussion

Teddy sat slumped against the door at the bottom of the stairs. He didn’t want to open the door behind him and walk into a room where the conversation would immediately come to a halt as he entered, resulting in an awkward silence. No. He didn’t fancy that. He would just sit here listening until they changed the topic to something other than him.

“You know he can’t be one, Harry.” Ginny's voice was concerned as it came through the door.

“Of course he can’t be. If I thought he was I wouldn’t have sent him up there alone with Lily.”

Harry replied, “I just want to know what he was doing there.”

“Then go and ask him,” Ginny said, “We’ll go and clean up.”

Molly and Ginny left for the kitchen, leaving Harry alone in the room as Arthur had already gone back to play with his newfound muggle contraption. Harry paced the room for a moment before walking over and opening the door which lead to the stairway. Teddy wasn’t expecting this and now found himself facing the ceiling as the door that was supporting him opened. Harry looked down and raised an eyebrow.

“I didn’t want to interrupt the conversation,” Teddy explained.

“You heard what we were talking about then?”

Teddy nodded. He picked himself up off the floor and stumbled over to a lounge chair, collapsing in it while rubbing his head.

“Do you want to explain why I was told you went to a Neo-Death Eater rally?” Harry stated, taking a seat opposite Teddy.

“Because I did go to one?” Teddy replied. He looked up at Harry, knowing that this was not the answer he wanted. Harry raised his eyebrows and opened his mouth to speak, but Teddy got in first. “I didn’t know what it was,” he said quickly, “Alfie came into the shop about a week ago and asked if I wanted to come to some rally that was going to happen. He didn’t say anything about it being related to Death Eaters. I went because Alfie used to be a good friend of mine at school. I trusted him. I left as soon as I knew what it was for though. I promise.”

Harry sighed, “Why didn’t you tell me earlier?”

“Didn’t occur to me?” Teddy shrugged.

There was silence between the two as Harry took his eyes off Teddy and immersed himself in thought. Teddy considered leaving as he thought the silence meant the conversation was now over but just as he was about to get up, Harry spoke.

“The Ministry could use you,” he said, “I want you to keep going to these gatherings. I want names and locations. If you’re willing, of course.”

Teddy nodded, grateful that he wasn’t in trouble.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for reading!

Comments are greatly appreciated.