Albus Potter and Friends

Cousin Fred

“Oh hey, little man” a voice said, opening Albus’ compartment door, “Why are you sitting all by yourself? Rose is just up there with a whole bunch of people”. It was Fred, one of Albus’ many cousins. His strawberry blonde hair, like the rest of him, was sopping wet and sticking to his face.

“Why are you all wet?” Albus asked, watching Fred sit down opposite him.

“I may have been in an exploding water bomb fight” said Fred casually, attempting to wring the water out of his robes.

“Won’t you get in trouble for that?” said Albus, looking out the window. He could see a silhouette of Hogwarts castle on the horizon. The butterflies in his stomach rose again.

“Probably” Fred said, rummaging around in his pocket.

“What are you looking for?” said Albus, curiously.

“I think I have some left over water bombs” Fred replied, pulling his hand out of his pocket, “Here you go” He handed Albus a few small plastic balloons.

“You just have to blow them up. And they’ll automatically fill with water” Fred explained, noticing a confused look appear on Albus’ face, “You have to throw them quick though, ‘cause they explode automatically”

Albus examined the balloons for a brief moment before putting them in his pocket. They were obviously a product of Fred’s fathers joke shop, Weasleys’ Wizard Wheezes.

“So, back to my original question, why are you sitting all alone?” Fred asked.

“I’m not. The boy who was sitting with me, he’s just gone to change into his robes” Albus replied, glancing through the compartment window to the corridor.

“Sure” Fred said, obviously not believing him, “Well, if you need me, I’m just in the next compartment. And Victoire’s around somewhere too. But, I wouldn’t even try to talk to her. She’s too busy writing to her precious Teddy” Fred said, rolling his eyes.

Albus laughed as Fred left the compartment, waving him good bye as he did so.