Albus Potter and Friends

The Weasley's Wizard Wheezes

The Weasley's Wizard Wheezes is a joke shop established twenty years ago by two seventeen year old twin boys, Fred and George Weasley. After one year of the joke shop running one of the brothers, Fred, was tragically killed during the great battle at Hogwarts which took place some nineteen years ago. The other brother, George, was devastated by his loss, but decided to continue on with his joke shop in memory of his brother with the help of his younger brother Ronald.

The Weasley's Wizard Wheezes provides wizards (mostly children) with all sorts of magical joke produce. Such as the ever popular nose-bleed nougats, delightful items that allow the user to get out of boring classes by having a nose-bleed. Or Pygmy Puffs, miniature puffskeins covered in shades of pink or purple fur. However, most of these items required rigorous testing before they could be allowed on the shelves. One of these items was being held safely inside one of Teddy Lupins pockets.

Bright green flames appeared in the fireplace on the top floor of the Weasley's Wizard Wheezes. Teddy stepped out of the fireplace and dusted himself off before walking slowly downstairs, so to avoid falling twice in one day. He spotted Ron at the bottom of the stairs searching the shelves for more items to stock the shelves with. Halfway down the staircase the stairs creaked, causing Ron to jump in shock. He turned to face the staircase, looking up to find somebody walking down. He jumped slightly again as the Teddy's face came into view, then, after realising who it was, smiled.

"I thought you were Remus for a second then" Ron said, "Whenever you wear your hair like that, you just look too much like him"

"You know I wear it like this for Grandma" Teddy replied, walking past Ron and up to the curtain that divided the storeroom from the front of the shop.

"Good thing you're here though" said Ron, grabbing a box of quills, "It was a bit hectic this morning with all these kids in here supplying up for school, so now pretty much all the shelves need to be restocked"

Ron passed Teddy the box of quills and pushed him out into the front of the shop. Teddy nodded a hello to George, who was in conversation at the front desk with a mother and her young son. "Why do you only have one ear, mister?" Teddy overheard the child ask.

A smile appeared on Teddy's face. It was always humorous to see what George's next answer to that question would be.

"Have you ever heard of a Crumple-Horned Snorkack?" George said, kneeling down so he was level with the child.

The boy looked at George curiously and shook his head.

"Well, you don't want to get on the bad side of one of them"

The child's eyes widened. George stood up again and chuckled. "That'll be 7 Sickles ma'am"

Teddy turned around, restocking the quills in their correct box. He heard the door close behind the woman and her child as they left, then, looking around, he noticed the shop was nearly empty, apart from a group of girls in their late teens. He held the now empty quill box and headed towards the store room. However, Teddy's clumsiness got the better of him once again, causing him to trip over on an inconspicuous cardboard box left on the floor. He caught himself just in time though, staggering so he didn't fall. The only thing hurt was a display he had grabbed when he tripped, which was now laying in a crumpled heap on the floor. George rolled his eyes and walked back into the store room, leaving Teddy to clean up his mess and mind the counter. As he cleaned up, he noticed the group of girls giggling at him. He flushed pink.

Ron and George stocked the rest of the shelves, leaving Teddy to stay at the counter, serving any customers. The group of girls were still in the shop, standing in the corner giggling amongst themselves, occasionally looking up at Teddy. Teddy sat with his head resting on his hand, staring in their direction.

"Oi” Ron said, nudging Teddy in the ribs, “I saw you making eyes for that girl. You’re meant to be dating my niece”

Teddy smiled and went back to daydreaming.

“Ronald, just because you never made the most of your youth doesn’t mean young Teddy here can’t” George said looking over at Teddy from the shelf he was stacking, “Besides, it’s good for business. Ted brings in a lot of customers”

"I did so make the most of my youth!" Ron protested, "Just because I found somebody I love early in life doesn't mean..." He trailed off when he realised his two colleagues weren't listening.

"Oh, I've got that thing for you" Teddy said, standing up and reaching into his pocket.

"Thanks" George said, taking it from Teddy, "Did magic work on it at all"

"None of the simple spells kid's would use. I didn't try more advanced ones"

"Awesome" George replied, putting the thing into his pocket.

"Do you mind if I ask what is it?" Teddy asked, curious to know what the thing he'd been testing was.

"All in good time, Ted. All in good time"