Albus Potter and Friends

The Burrow

Lily Potter rested her head on her hands as she sat at the kitchen table in the Burrow. She swung her legs back and forth, her small stature preventing them from reaching the ground. The Burrow was much the same as it had always been. It still had a very homely feel with lots of crocheted and knitted rugs covering the various mismatched chairs and stools, along with books and other wizarding paraphernalia stacked about the place in an unorderly fashion. It was cluttered, but that was exactly how the Weasleys and the Potters liked it.

“Why don’t you go and do something instead of just sitting there?” a stout old witch with flaming red hair said as she wiped the kitchen table clean.

Lily lifted her arms up to allow the witch clean the table in full. “Like what?” Lily said, placing her hands in her lap.

“Well, I don’t know. Degnome the garden, perhaps?”

The witch continued to clean, finishing with the table and moving over to the kitchen benches.

“Ew, Gran. That’s boring.” Lily replied crinkling her nose in disgust.

“Go outside and play then. You’re nine years old; you shouldn’t be sitting inside doing nothing”

“Why can’t I go with Hugo and Uncle Charlie to Romania?” Lily pouted, shifting in her chair so her legs were now crossed.

“Because it’s dangerous and Charlie will have enough of a hard time looking after one nine year old, let alone two.” She replied, handing Lily a potato peeler. “Here, help me peel some potatoes for lunch.”

Lily sighed, but did as her grandmother said, moving over to the sink to help peel some potatoes. No sooner than she had started she heard the front door open. A thin old wizard with next to no hair entered the house carrying what looked like a very large muggle battery.

“Grandad!” Lily exclaimed, dropping what she was doing and breaking into a run to greet him.

“Hello Lily.” He said, holding onto her with one arm and swinging her around as she hugged him.

He then proceeded into the kitchen, giving his wife a kiss on the cheek.

“What’s that there, Grandad?” Lily asked, pointing at the muggle item he was holding. She pulled out a chair and kneeled on it, crossing her arms on the kitchen table.

“Remember that muggle television set I managed to get a hold of?” Lily nodded. “Well, this is what muggles call a battery. It makes the eklectricity for the television to run”

Lily’s eyes lit up, examining every inch of the foreign object her eyes could without having to touch it.

“Let’s go try it out, ay?” her grandfather replied, picking up the battery and heading towards his garage. Lily trudged along behind him, slightly skipping with excitement.

“You two be careful!” Lily’s grandmother called out after them.

***

The fireplace in the Burrow lit up, glowing a piercing green. A face appeared followed by a body which then stepped out of the fireplace onto the knitted rug in front of it.

“Oh, hello Teddy, dear.”

“Afternoon, Mrs Weasley” Teddy replied, dusting himself off, “I hope you don’t mind that I came for lunch.”

“Not at all, dear. Not at all.” Mrs Weasley hurried over to him and started to dust him off.

Teddy removed his coat and sank into the closest lounge chair. He furrowed his brow, listening to a rapid thumping that sounded increasingly like a nine year olds hurried footsteps.

“Teddy! Teddy! Teddy! Teddy! Teddy!” Lily burst into the room, “Teddy! Teddy! Ted! Ted!” She stopped in front of the lounge chair he was seated in. “TEDDY!” she exclaimed, slightly out of breath, her eyes wide with excitement.

“LILY!” he exclaimed back mockingly, opening his arms as to welcome a hug. She ignored this gesture, instead grabbing one of his hands and attempting to pull him up.

“You have to come see this! Come on!” Lily jumped up and down excitedly, “Grandad got a mugglevision to work!”
♠ ♠ ♠
I apologise deeply for the extremely late update. Anneliese and had very important exams to take, therefore our full attention had to be given to them.

Enjoy the chapter. I hope you love it as much as I loved writing it.