I Will Breathe Fire

Finding You

Gerard’s Pov;

It’s been forever and Frank is nowhere to be found. The quicker I find this guy, the quickly I can get back to Aiden. But trying to get through his crowd is taking forever.

“Hey have you seen Frank?” I ask the 9th group of random people, and in return I get the same response – no. This is really pissing me off, I mean, it doesn’t take this long to find someone in your own house.

I rest my hands on my hips thinking of alternatives to the where bouts of Frank fucking Iero. I looked up and to my luck I spotted Jaime and her clan of low-lives having a drink off.

I push through people and upon my arrival Frank’s head pops up in his Jack Skellington outfit.

“Fuck!” I exclaimed, grabbing everyone’s attention. “Frank? Where the fuck have you been?”

“Gerard! Gerard fucking Way! Where the fuck have you been!?”

“Looking for your dumb-ass. Oh and by the way, Happy Birthday.”

“Thanks,” he sighed before turning around. He obviously was plastered with alcohol, it was evident. I was only standing a meter or so away from the man, and the smell of alcohol was making me tipsy.

“Frank I need to talk to you,” I said sternly taking a hold of his shoulder.

“About what man?” he slurred.

“About these people. Dude, do you even know them?”

“Yes I do,” Frank stammered.

“Then who the hell is that?” I questioned pointing to a random guy drowning himself in the punch bowl.

Frank bent over in the same direction to where I was pointing and squinted his eyes. He took a good look at him before turning to me and biting his bottom lip.

“Did I tell you how great your eyes look?”

“Don’t even start,” I replied. “I want these people out of my house.”

“Party Pooper!”

“Yeah, because you’re not the one that has to clean up this shit when it’s over.”

“Whatever man, stay and have a beer with us. Just one beer it wouldn’t hurt.”

“Now Frank! I’m not joking.”

Frank threw a raspberry at me before turning off to walk over to the house. As I watched Frank fight his way through the backyard my attention was soon directed to another end. Aiden. Oh my Gosh! Aiden! I frantically look around, trying to find someone with the time. I ran around like crazy.

“Hey you!” I yelled grabbing a hold of some guys wrist, reading the time. “Thanks man.”

He looked at me dumbfounded for taking another swig of his drink.

11:59pm

Shit I left her for like an hour and a half. Oh she’s so going to kill me. I pushed passed the drunks and dodge empty beer bottles, following Frank. As soon as I was in the kitchen, Frank was nowhere to be seen.

“Fuck this shit,” I mumble. ‘Never mind Frank,’ I told myself. ‘Find Aiden first.”

I rushed passed more people to the exact cough I had left Aiden waiting on. But she wasn’t there. I cursed to myself before recognising the same love sick couple that was sitting next to her. I tapped the guys shoulder to get his attention, but he appeared to be pre-occupied with devouring lips.

“Hey have you seen this girl Aiden? She was sitting next to you guys,” I shouted over the music. But still there was no response out of the man; this was really pissing me off.

“Hey!” I boiled over pulling him up by his collar violently. “I said have you seen Aiden?”

“Gerard!?”

“Mikey! What the hell!” My mouth dropped as I soon realised who this guy was, and who he was with.

“Hey, hey calm down.”

“No I won’t calm the fuck down.” I replied angrily trying to keep the conversation between the two of us. “Do you even know how old she is? Gees Mikey. Alicia’s only 13. You’re bloody 17.”

“Gerard, relax! I know,” Mikey whispered taking me by the arm. “Just for tonight, okay. Nothing’s gonna happen, alright.”

Stress seemed to mound by the second.

“Gee, trust me, nothing’s gonna happen.”

I rolled my eyes and held my temples with my finger tips. I stood there debating on whether to go with it or to do something about it. But there was also somewhere I’d rather be, so instead I took my brother’s word and gave in.

“Make damn sure,” I warned. “Now, where’s Aiden?”

Mikey gave a problematic expression before replying.

“How many Jack’s do you know of, that might be here?”

My breath soon caught in my throat and my eyes widened in despair. Oh no, was my initial reaction before Mikey slowly continued.

“I heard her greet a Jack. But I wasn’t to sure who he was; he sort of sat on Alicia and I at one point. But I am dead sure that he was dressed as some sort of zombie or hobo, your choice.”

I quickly tapped Mikey’s shoulder in acknowledgement and ran off trying to find Aiden; praying nothing serious would happen. I knew I shouldn’t have left her. I knew I shouldn’t have brought her here, I knew she didn’t want to come and I just had to push it. Now if something goes wrong, it’s all my fault. It’s all my fault.