I Will Breathe Fire

Calling all Cars

With 'chasing pavements' playing on her laptop, Aiden folded the last pair of jeans into her suitcase. Tears weren't far from her, they trickled down her face slowly, but she would never let them past her lips.

The cold lingered across her body long after her shower creating a cold-like glow. She sat on the edge of her bed with her memories laid out in front of her like a photo album. Things she couldn't suppress rose to the surface like a bad smell. Today was the day she would resort to the only person she though would keep her safe. She was going back to Sharon. Aiden prayed Sharon would forgive her, but she had her doubts.

Earlier that morning Aiden couldn’t control her thoughts, they weighed heavy on her shoulders. She was disgusted at the person she had become, the person she allowed herself to be.

She broke a razor off her shaving blade and began to press it hard against her wrists. Blood slowly warmed her cold flesh as it rolled down her arm. Lucky for her, Gerard appeared in her aid. Picking up the fallen piece Gerard was able to calm Aiden down and convince her to take some time off... with her mother, her jealous mother, he knew nothing about. But Gerard never doubted the power of family and urged her to stay with her.

They were half a mile drive from her mother's place when Aiden felt a slight twitch in her stomach. Something didn't feel so right.

"Pull over!" Aiden screamed in Gerard's ear. "Pull over!"

As soon as the tyres ceased it's screaming, Aiden flew out the door onto the dirt road and began to spew the contents of her already empty stomach out on the dried mud. Again she hunched over and through out bile and blood.

"Aiden!" Gerard screamed in distress. "I'm going to take you too the hospital..."

"No!" Aiden replied sternly. "I am not going to go to the hospital or to a fucking doctor! You heard me?"

Her tone began to soften as Gerard eyes filled hurt. "Take me to the nearest chemist instead."

Scared, Gerard didn’t question Aiden’s authority. He was confused. He kept urging her to go and get help, but she kept refusing. Too him Aiden was a hard person, she was very strong willed, which he admired. However this person Aiden kept hiding from him was not convincing.

After that night at Frank’s party, Gerard felt Aiden had been hiding something from him, but every time he’d ask her she would never reply. He felt there was more that what she had told the 3 of them.

Following up to the trip to the nearest chemist, Aiden told Gerard it was something she had to do by herself. Gerard was very sceptical about her decision to go in by herself, but again, he never questioned her.

Aiden pulled down the long sleeves of her loose grey pull over and walked down different isles. She shed tears all the way to the 4th isle where she found what she was looking for. She took a deep breath and pulled out a small box. She wiped away the tears in her eyes and walked over to the counter and paid for it.

She asked the clerk if she could use the bathroom, kindly the clerk directed Aiden with sympathetic eyes. At the same time Aiden had entered the bathroom, Gerard walked in reeking with regret. He ran through all the isles looking for Aiden brushing back his long black raven hair from his eyes.

"Excuse me have you seen a woman about this tall, long wavy brown hair, she was wearing an oversize grey pull over," he asked the chemist clerk.

"Yes, she went..."

The clerk was interrupted by a loud scream from the bathroom, Aiden had been directed too.

"Aiden!"

The clerk gasped in horror and ran from her stand with Gerard not far behind her.

"Aiden!" Gerard called out banging on the locked bathroom door. "Open up! What are you doing in there!"

Crying was heard steadily through the door. The clerk fumbled with the number of keys attached to her waist. When the door was finally opened Aiden was found leaning over the bench top with a stick in her hand and a pained face.

"Aiden, what the? Are you alright." Gerard rushed to her side and brushed but the hair from her face and saw the torment pour from her eyes.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it's been long.
:(