I Will Breathe Fire

White Coma

Holding onto Gerard she turned to hide her face dropping the stick into the sink. She felt so broken there was no way to put back the pieces of her that had fallen. Gerard gentle swayed their bodies together from side to side calming her down. Having noticed the fallen stick he peered into the sink with each sway.

It was a pregnancy test.

It was positive.

Gerard was shocked. However, it didn't take him long to put everything together. Once Aiden was calmed, he sent his apologies to the clerk and lead Aiden outside. He was furious, but he didn't want to upset Aiden even more. He sat her in the car and walked slowly to the drivers’ seat.

He stopped at the boot opening and rested his arms on the hood. It was obvious, all the signs were there but he ignored them all. He was too worried about what he had done that night, he couldn't see. Guilt dropped like a tonne of bricks as he came to the conclusion that she was raped.

Memories of the blood and cuts to her legs appeared vividly in his mind. But who was it? Looking into the review mirror, he saw Aiden staring at him with fearful eyes. There was something she didn't want him to know, but her poor attempts and covering things up weren't entirely convincing.

He got into the car without another word and started the engine. It wasn't his place to force her into anything. Gerard thought that if she wanted him to know she would tell him, but on the other hand he grew impatient and seeing her suffer was truly breaking his heart. He swallowed dearly and began to pull out of the parking lot.

A couple of miles out to Sharon's place, Gerard pulled the car over. Aiden didn't say a word, instead she shied away from his attention and distance herself from him.

"Who was it?" Gerard asked plainly.

Aiden didn't answer.

"Tell me, who was it? Who did this to you?"

Again, no reply.

"It makes me angry Aiden; it makes me angry seeing you like this. I can't help you if you keep hiding things from me... And I do, I do want to help." He rested his left hand in her thigh. Aiden threw his hand off violently once his words disappeared.

"I didn't ask for your help. I never asked for any of it. You all want to help... Let me do this Aiden... Let me help this... Let me help that! I'M SICK OF IT!" She mocked. "Just take me to Sharon's. The faster we get there the faster you can get rid of me."

"I'm not trying to get rid of you! When will you see? What does it take for you to wake up and smell the friggin coffee? I do this because I love you; I'm not trying to get rid of you." Gerard argued. His tone was stern before softening toward the end. "I'll do anything for you... anything. Just know that I'm here for you no matter what. I'm not going anywhere."

Aiden experienced a small sigh of relief shift through her body.

Finally at Sharon's doorstep, Gerard hulled Aiden's bags to the porch.

'Why hasn't she rung the doorbell yet? It's not like no one's not home, Sharon's car is parked outside of the garage.' He rolled her baggage further into the porch and stood beside her wishing he knew what she was thinking.

Aiden stood at the front door spaced out. To her the door was 10 feet taller than she was and the door knob was missing. Old memories came flooding back into her mind. She began to sweat, it was obvious she was scared, and of what Gerard was oblivious too.

She pictured her mother slamming her head into the front door at her Aunt's one night, for reasons she couldn't remember. She shook off the uneasy feelings are held a shaky hand to the doorbell.

A long 'DING DONG' was heard from inside of the house. Graceful footsteps came closer and closer to the door, adding onto Aiden's anxiety.

"Okay Cindy, I'll call you later. Yeah... Bub-bye. - " As the door opened a half surprised half disgusted Sharon stared directly at Aiden.

"Hello, Mz." Gerard spoke kindly.

"Oh yes," Sharon answered re-directing her site to Gerard. A Kalia set off as she greeted Gerard with a big hug and kiss. "Gerard? Is that you? Well I didn't recognize you. You've grown so much since the last time since I'd seen you."

Sharon looked at Aiden surprised and with a mocked joyful look she hugged her as well.

"Come. Come inside, both of you... Gerard hunny, be a doll and bring those awful bags in."

Pulling Aiden by the arm, Sharon led her into the kitchen leaving Gerard behind with the bags.

"What makes you think you can just show up at my door step?" Sharon hissed.

"I need your help." Aiden replied losing eye contact.

"And what says I'll help you?"

"Because of the fact that, I'm your daughter."

"Well unfortunately daughter, I disown..."

"Hello again," Gerard came in cheerfully, cutting Sharon off. So naïve he was.

"Disown those blasted flowers you know. These people think they can just put their stuff anywhere nowadays." Sharon quickly finished laughing that last bit off looking up at Gerard. "Oh sonny, you and Aiden here must be hungry, why don't I fix you too a sandwich or two, aye?"

"I'm leaving," Aiden spat.

"Aiden?" Gerard spoke sternly.

"I'm leaving, she obviously doesn't want me here."

Sharon gasped hurtfully, but inside praising the way she looked in the eyes of Gerard.

"Aiden, come on, don't say that," Gerard stopped her from walking out of the kitchen door. "You need her, well, not really her, but you need to be with family the ones that love you more than anything. She's the only family you've got."

Aiden looked at him and for once let him have his way. Slowly turning she walked over and sat with him on the dinning table.

Around 9 that same evening Gerard left Sharon's place after helping settling Aiden into bed. He flagged down Sharon as he pulled his car out of the drive way. It was going to be a long drive home he thought, but it would be worth it. Knowing Aiden will be at home with her mother, she was safe from those vulturess people back home.

His intensions were pure, but he failed to realize the vulture that stood in front of him. He failed to see Sharon for who she really was.
♠ ♠ ♠
Apologies once again,
trying to get my muse
back.
Might be starting another story
around about next month or so,
Depends on how long my muse stays
me.
XD.