I Will Breathe Fire

Your Killing Me

Aiden was harshly awakened by a stern whack across the face. She got such a shock she rolled across the bed and landed severely on the floor. Aiden stumbled over herself and tried her best under her sleepiness to regain some composure.

"How dare you bring him here? What the fuck are you trying to accomplish?"

The voice rang in her eyes like nails on a chalkboard. Sharon.

"What?" Aiden replied trying to stall enough time to get her eye sight back.

"Bringing Gerard here. What are you trying to do? Trying to get my sympathy vote? Is that it!"

Aiden felt her heart drop, even though it was already lying in a bottomless pit. Like a switch, the feeling to tell her mother openly about what happened the night at Frank's birthday clicked. She felt it was a long shot, but it was either now or never.

"I-I... I need to tell you something." Aiden choked standing in a less tense stance.

Sharon brushed off Aiden like dirt. "I'm not interested..."

"You have to... You, have to hear this." Aiden cut her off fast.

Aiden slipped backward to the wall and slumped hard against it. Trying to find ways to tell Sharon what happened only wasted time and the time left silent, only made Sharon grow impatient.

"Well? If you can't tell me straight up you're only wasting my time... It's not worth hearing..."

"FUCK SHARON!" Aiden screamed with tears in her eyes. "Is it so hard just to listen to me?"

"Yes it is. Even before everything, it was hard to listen to you. You were a mistake. A costly one! Because of you I lost Bill. You were the source of all my unhappiness. I will never forgive you for what you did to me that night... And after all I did for you... Housed you, clothed you, and sent you to school... You still had the indecency to... to...ahhh!"

Aiden was behold tears and to finally hear her mother admit something she knew all along, was the final knock her house of sanity needed to fall down. Hypothetically the sounds of the crash echoed in her heart, there was nothing left, there were... no survivors.

"To make it fucking clear, the girl that was once your daughter of pain and tragedy was RAPED! That dickhead Jaime did it! Remember, that innocent prick that you let mowed the lawn every Friday just to look at my underwear that hung on the line! YEAH! THAT PRICK!"

Aiden was infuriated.

"IM PREGNANT! BUT WAIT! YOU WOULDN'T HAVE GIVE A SHIT IF I WAS OR NOT! WELL TO MAKE SURE EVERYONE'S ON THE RIGHT PAGE, I WISH I HAD DIED TO. I WISH I HAD DIED THAT NIGHT JAIME BURIED HIS COCK IN MY ASS! ARE YOU HAPPY NOW!"

Every word was a scream, her eyes fixed on Sharon's. The fragile Aiden was no where to be seen. She had changed.

Sharon stared at Aiden with disbelief and then with sympathetic eyes. Sharon disowned that fact that Aiden was raped. She couldn’t have been, impossible Sharon thought, but then again, Aiden wouldn't have come all the way to say hello, and Aiden wouldn’t make up something this ridiculous. Sharon was caught off guard for a moment, she felt uncomfortable and her mind clung onto the first idea to save her from for her discomfort.

"Y-You are not welcome in this house," Sharon spoke sternly pointing at the bedroom door, trying to hide the shake in her voice. "I-I need you to get your stuff and leave."

Sharon took a deep breath and walked out of the room hiding her light stream of tears that fell from her eyes. Deep down inside that black hole that replaced her heart all those years ago began to hurt.

'My poor baby.' Was the first thought that passed her mind as she closed her bedroom door. 'Is this what I'm reduced too?' Was the second thought before she dropped to her knees. Now that Sharon was in the safety of her empty room, tears rolled down her face.