Fly With Me

Preview/Prologue

A helpless giggle escapes my lips as I’m lifted up and twirled around, the city turning into a blur of colors as I whirl and whirl. Finally, I’m set down and dizzily but smiling my face off, I turn around and wrap my arms around the one who just caught me off my feet.

Literally and metaphorically, of course.

“Nick!” I breathe happily.

He chuckles warmly in my ear, his own arms wrapping around me. “What, Cicily? Three days apart too long?”

We let go of the embrace and I flush at his remarks, biting my lip somewhat shyly. “Maybe,” I admit sheepishly. “But I still wish I had come early with you guys.”

“Eh, maybe next time,” he smiles at me. “But we all know you need to get your record finished.

I groan, pulling at his hands as the other adults start dealing with my luggage- I’ve learned by now that it’s no use to try and do it myself, cause it will make them grumpy not being able to do their job and I just get in the way. Who knew? But I start pulling at him, having no idea where I’m going. “I just want to be with you now,” I tell him. “Is that so wrong?”

“No,” he shakes his head, making me stop and pulling me close, our foreheads touching. “It’s completely right.” Ever so slowly and gently, his lips fall down to mine, lingering for a careful kiss.

Finally we pull apart, still wearing our silly grins. “So,” he offers. “Want to go home and rest?”

I laugh a little and shook my head. “No. I’m wide awake. Nick- I’m in New York City! The big apple! You honestly think I can go to sleep right now?”

He gives me a light reprimanding look. “Did you sleep on the plane? Car ride to the airport? Or even last night?”

I bite my lip sheepishly looking at him. “Um… no, no, and…” I wrinkle my nose trying to recall. Hmm… no, I know I did sleep last night. Well, a little at least. But I was just so excited to be going… “Four hours?” I offer.

Nick chuckles, shaking his head. “I can see the light circles under your eyes. But…” he pauses. “Since you just got here… we can hang out and then you rest at the hotel. Good enough for you?”

“Where are we going?” I ask brightly, my heart skipping a beat with anticipation of spending the afternoon with the guy of my dreams. “I’m ready for anything.”

Nick chuckles, wrapping an arm around me and pulling me close. “I’m glad to hear you say that, Cicily.” He kisses my forhead. “Now it’s just you, me, and New York City.”

Image