Fly With Me

Be Alright

“You want to go on that?”

I look up to where Nick’s pointing as I hold onto his arm as to not get lost in the crowd. From his finger, I spot the Ferris Wheel and wrinkle my nose, looking over at him. “You know that scares me.”

“So?” He smiles at me innocently.

Opening my mouth, I look for something to say, but I’m not too sure what, besides to comment on my heartbeat that happens to be speeding up. At last, Nick chuckles beside me and uses his own fingers to close my mouth and pull me into line.

Shifting balance on my feet, I look up anxiously at the big Wheel, wondering why I let myself get pulled through things all the time, but looking over at Nick again, I melt and forget for a short while, anything. Nick’s hand runs through my long hair, humming absently as I rest up against him comfortably.

“Enjoy the ride,” the ticketeer mutters, taking our two tickets and suddenly we’re sitting in the seats, Nick’s arm around me.

“You’re fine,” he reminds me.

“Right,” I nod breathless. “Of course.” I mentally prepare myself as the ride goes on and slowly, we begin ascending into the air. Biting my lip, I turn to Nick hesitantly to say something, when his phone rings.

He jumps in surprise, and offers me a sheepish smile, taking it out of his jacket pocket. “Hello?” He offers into the phone, glancing around at the view. “Oh, Miley, hey.” He leans forward, unwinding his arm from my shoulder.

I immediately feel the chilly air creep in and a shiver runs through me. Chewing on my lip, I watch Nick’s face light up as he laughs at something that Miley said. I feel a sense of loss as he moves farther away, leaving me to face the cold completely alone, as he gets lost in a conversation with Miley Cyrus.

“Nick, the view,” I pat his leg.

“I know, just a minute,” he nods, turning back to Miley, distracted by her moreso than before, and starts laughing at something she said. “Seriously? Wow, that’s so great, Mils, really. No, no, I’m not laughing… okay, I am, so? Ha, I know, exactly! Uh huh?”

Shivering, I wrap my arms around myself, slumping in my seat as I move to the far edge, choosing to ignore him. Taking a deep breath, I force myself to look out around me and enjoy the view. I mean, it’s not so bad. It looks small, but there’s this curious beauty to it. It’s alive, it’s New York, it’s people and buildings and lights and all these colors… slowly, I relax and manage to almost enjoy the ride as it ends.

Almost.

“Nice ride?” Nick offers cheerfully as we climb off. I turn to answer, glad he’s talking to me again, but he turns away. “What? Oh, sorry, no. I was talking to- oh no way! He’s there? Right now? Ah, man… I wish I were there, you are incredibly lucky, you have no idea. Uh huh?”

I close my parted lips to purse them, turning away. Not looking his way, I tighten my hold around myself. It’s windy here in the big city, and with the night comes the cold. Assuming he may or may not follow, and not so very caring at the moment, I turn right and begin walking. Checking the time, I see that it’s drawing close and it’s time to be meeting.

Sure enough, I find the place and there’s Joe with some cotton candy, lying on top of an empty table. Chuckling, I hop up next to him. “Heya, mister.”

“Heyo, beaut-o-full. Where’s Nick?”

My smile turns a little sour. Maybe it’s a little sad, how we’re always attached at the hip. Everyone immediately assumes that we’re with each other at all moments. Usually it’s a great, funny thing. But at the moment? My heart drops and I shrug. “Last I saw, he was on the phone.”

Joe sits up with a creased brow and frown. “What? With who? He never gets on the phone around you.”

“That’s what I thought,” I shrug. “We made that promise when… when we got together, but…” I shrug again and shake my head. “Maybe it’s been long enough?” I offer and bite my lip. I’m just overreacting, after all. Aren’t I? I always do. I mean, it’s Nick I’m talking about. He loves me, I love him, it’s nothing. I’m not jealous- he needs to talk to his friends, right? I’m not… I’m not going to stop him, you know.

Joe sighs, and pulls me close, wrapping an arm around me upon seeing my downcast expression. “It’s okay. He’s just not thinking,” he says reasonably. “That’s all.”

I nod, resting my head on his shoulder and through the crowd, I spot Nicholas Jonas, my boyfriend. He’s no longer on the phone, but checking the time and glancing around somewhat nervously, fiddling with his curls. Yes. That’s all. It’s nothing.
♠ ♠ ♠
merry christmas :D

drama

oh honey, it's just the beginning. ;D

comments??