Fly With Me

Gonna Fly With Me Now

Humming, I wrap the scarf tighter around my neck, glancing around cautiously. It’s weird, I realize, just going out in public alone now. I have to disguise myself and pray no one recognizes me. Well, I’m still really new, but I’m associated with the Jonas Brothers and have been all summer, so I’m a little caught up in everything.

But I really do need a new vest. Apparently, they’re all really boy-ish so Joe and Frankie are continuously stealing and ‘losing’ them. And Kevin’s weird and wants us to be all coordinated, and suspiciously enough, there isn’t an extra vest for me.

Sometimes I think they’re just sick of having a girl around, or they just like me actually doing something on my own. I haven’t figured it out yet. But nonetheless, it’s not too bad, and it’s nice heading out and having some quiet time to think.

It takes a while, but I find a vest that I’m positive Kevin will deem okay, and I wander around the mall some more after, just to put off going back to the cramped bus. It’s nice, but I like a change of scene now and then…

Finding the urge for some candy, I walk around some aisles and find a few things. My eyes skim over everything as I try to decide which sounds the best. I’m not too sure and finally just grab a few bags of skittles and chocolate before walking around the place one last time.

My eyes catch a magazine, though, passing the bookstand of the nearby store, and I walk over, cocking my head at it. Yeah, it’s Nick all right… and I’ve got a small picture… and Miley? I skim the cover. Trouble in Paradise? Or maybe it takes two!

What?

With Cicily Paolo hanging back in L.A. for a few days, Nick found himself another girl to be with. Or is it more? Details inside! Find out what Nick Jonas was doing while his girlfriend was out of town for just a few days.

Blinking numbly, I stare for another minute, and hastily, I pull out a few dollars and buy it. Walking out, I take long strides of frustration as I head out, flipping through the magazine. Taylor Swift… Taylor Lautner…Selena Gomez…Nick.

I turn back hurriedly and stare at the several pictures. He wasn’t with her the day I returned, but the other two, he was. The beach, park, walking Elvis, dinner alone… chewing on my lip, I hide the magazine away and try to figure this out in my mind.

After all, it’s probably nothing. I mean, it’s Nick. We’re meant to be. And it’s okay if he has friends who are girls. I mean, that works. I’ve had friends who are boys, too, so… so that should be okay.

But why didn’t he tell me?

Turmoiled thoughts, I walk straight past the hotel and over two streets without even realizing it. With a sigh, I turn back, pulling up my large bug-sized sunglasses and begin walking again. There’s paparazzi out there, finally, and they begin shoving themselves at me.

“What exactly were you doing in L.A.?”

“Are you still with Nick Jonas?”

“Does he still wear his ring?”

“What do you say to the rumors about your pregnancy?”

“Are you really together, or is it publicity? How long?”

“Are you breaking up?”

“Excuse me,” I mutter, pulling my sunglasses down, trying to push through, tired of this. “I was in L.A. on business, we’re still good, nothing’s happened, Nick’s not like that. Please move, now.” After shoving a little, I manage to get inside, where they are not allowed.

The elevator ride seems longer than ever and I slump against the wall, arms crossed to keep myself closed in. My thoughts are trying to find reasons, logical reasons that I personally believe, why he wasn’t just with her, but why he hasn’t told me. I mean, things like this always get… get out of hand, and crazy, so he usually warns me beforehand. Like…

Unlike warning me that our relationship wasn’t in the public like I had thought…

Still frowning, I step into our hotel room, shoving my bag onto the table. My thoughts are still churning, too distracted to do anything but sit down, glaze-eyed as Joe and Nick come by, checking out what I got.

“Nice… hungry?” Joe grins, seeing the candy I also bought, putting everything out on the table. Nick chuckles quietly to himself and they wait for a reply.

After a minute, I blink and look up, still caught up. “Um… no. Not anymore,” I say faintly. “I’m just tired.” I try to make my lips turn into a smile, but I’m not too sure it really works.

“I’ll join for a nap,” Nick offers, stepping forward with a concerned face.

“Uh no,” I shake my head and sigh. “It’ll bore you. I’m just really tired, okay? Night.” And I make my way to the bed and fall in, under the covers with my sunglasses still on my head and shoes on my feet.
♠ ♠ ♠
aaaaaaaaand not so happy. oh dear.