Fly With Me

Now The Past

The next day or so, I still feel a little confused but I pull myself together after some sleep and sugar, and things go back to normal. I don’t talk him about it, mostly because I’m not too sure how to do it just yet.

But anyways, it doesn’t matter. It gets crazy for the next two weeks, with August coming to it’s close and that means the very last leg of our tour. A storm halts us and we end up playing two shows to make up for it, and that can take out a lot. Plus the boys still have interview and the like to attend to, as do I.

“So, here we are with Cicily Paolo on the air!” Michelle crows, clapping and throwing me thumbs up, and nodding. I’m on the air here in Las Vegas, three stops before returning home to L.A.

“Hello, Las Vegas!” I cheer, glad I had Joe’s sugar before I came, or I might have conked out after last night’s show. “How are y’all?”

“So, how has it been, hanging out with the Jonas Brothers?”

“Oh, it’s been amazing,” I shake my head, leaning towards the mike. “There’s nothing like that, no words to explain. We’ve had so much fun on the road together, they’re my second family, really.”

“Or more from what we here? Everyone’s dying for the scoop, you know. It just finally became public that you are indeed, dating Nick Jonas. How is that?”

My cheeks burn as my mind runs back to the other few days. It’s beginning to fade, the magazine, and I’m pretty sure it’s nothing. I mean, it’s Nick. He’s perfect, so it’s nothing to worry about. “It’s great. We’re the best of friends, honestly, that mean a lot more, if you know what I mean?” I chuckle. “It’s great. He’s amazing.”

Michelle nods, smiling. “Sounds like a classic love story.”

“I don’t think we’re there just yet; we’re a little young,” I joke.

Nodding again, she smiles and begins talking to me about my music. We chat away cheerfully and I inform everyone that my album will be coming out in a short month or so, and they end with playing one of my singles.

Walking out, Nick wraps me in a hug from waiting outside. “Hey! How was it?” He asks, kissing my cheek and leading me to the car.

“Pretty good,” I nod thoughtfully. “It’s still really weird though. How long did it take? You know, to get used to everything?” I watch him curiously as we buckle up in his car. The radio turns on at a dull buzz, but I ignore it.

“Hm? Oh, well… I don’t remember. A long time though,” he gives me a cheeky smile and after putting the car in reverse once backing out, he leans forward to kiss my lips. “So, hungry for anything? My levels are dropping and it’s definitely lunch time.”

Glancing out the window at the desert, I give a small nod. “Thai?” I suggest.

“Perfect. Just what I was thinking,” he chuckles. Grinning over at me, he takes a left and keeps on driving. Eventually, we find the right place to go to and there, we sit down and enjoy a delicious meal. It’s one of those days where I’m just feeling great, to be honest, and everything’s perfect again.

Anyways, the last pieces of our tour go by in a blur, and suddenly we’re back home. The last concert in Anaheim was just amazing, and we slept most of the day after, back in the house.

It’s almost weird, being here. It’s pretty much my home, after all, with the Jonas’s. After all, after the… chaotic events of last year or so, I haven’t returned home but to bring all my things over. I haven’t called, talked, or seen my mother since.

Rebel, on the other hand, was staying in a kennel because he hates cars. So the day after we’ve returned, Nick drives me to the building and pick him up after all these months. “Hey, baby,” I coo, and carry him in my arms during the ride home. A few scratches, but he’s silent- just scared out of his mind.

Frankie cheers upon seeing him and immediately takes him away to brush his fur. Nick scoops me then into his arms, and we chat for a while before heading into the pool. The tour has ended, September is on it’s way, and everything is just great.
♠ ♠ ♠
back and forth, back and forth