Fly With Me

That'd Be All Right

“So… what did Miley call about?” I ask innocently, avoiding his gaze as we sit around in the bathroom. I share it with the boys here, and I’m the only reason it even looks presentable. I’m brushing my teeth at the moment, as he washes his hair in the tub- Joe got dessert in it somehow, and he’s very unwilling to sleep in it, even if he did want a midnight snack.

Hey, Joe said it, not me.

Back to the point, however, I glance at Nick through the mirror, rinsing the brush before sticking it back in my mouth. There’s a sudden silence and no movement as I try to figure out whether it’s good or bad.

Yet at the same moment, there’s a knot forming in my stomach. I shouldn’t have asked, it’s not my business. He can have friends. Tony still calls and talks to me. It’s not… it doesn’t mean a thing. It can’t. I’m just paranoid, that’s all.

“She… wanted to talk about her movie,” he says finally. “She’s got one coming out.”

“Oh,” It’s all I can say, because I’m too busy feeling rotten inside at the moment, trying to keep the flushing down. I swallow hard and put down my brush to rinse my mouth. “Well… goodnight, Nick.”

“Hey,” he calls me back. I turn to see him standing, shirtless as he starts rubbing his hair with a towel. Looking my way, he raises his eyebrow at me. “That’s all I get?” A small smile slips onto his ruby lips to show he’s not all serious.

An impish smile falls onto my lips as I suppress a girlish giggle and rolling my eyes playfully I skip back over until I’m right in front of him, only an inch away. “Were you expecting something more?” I ask with an innocent expression, barely breathing because I’m so close to this human perfection I get to call my boyfriend, as ridiculous as it sounds.

“Doll face,” his eyes skim over me, sending a delightful shiver down my spine. He drops the towel so he can rub my bare arms softly and delicately, before grabbing my shoulders and pressing me to him in a tight, warm hug.

After a moment, he sighs softly, pulling away to cup my face so he can kiss me. Our eyes are still closed even after the sparks come and our lips part. My hands rest on his bare shoulders, leaning against his cheek because I’m so short compared to him. Personally, I think it’s perfect, the way we fit. Like we were meant to be, maybe. I just have to keep hoping and praying.

“Good night, now,” I sing softly, chuckling as I finally open my eyes and look at him.

Groaning, he opens his eyes. “I was hoping you’d forget,” he smiles slyly.

“Oh sure,” I roll my eyes, patting his cheek sarcastically. “I’m sure. Don’t let the bed bugs bite, handsome.” I bite my lip shamelessly, glancing over my shoulders as I head to my room. I can’t help it, though, watching him stand there. And it’s not only because he’s not wearing a shirt. It’s because… he’s… he’s Nick. There’s no other reason, and I can’t explain for the life of me.

There’s still a smile swinging on my lips as I fall into my bed. It’s amazing and almost pathetic, the way he makes my legs turn to jelly and forget every worry that comes through my head just by his touch. But even if its just a dream… I just won’t wake up.

Night comes and I twist and turn in my blankets, unable to fall asleep for some weird reason. I try reading or fiddling with some of my things, but my room is always spotless, and I can’t concentrate. It’s easily past midnight and I’m afraid I’ll be watching the sunrise. Monday is on it’s way and I need some sleep because I have some photo shoot with a magazine in the morning.

Stifling any noise, I peak open my door, giving up on everything and going to my last resort. I close it and tiptoe through the hall, because I know how light Kevin can sleep sometimes, and especially Denise. Everyone needs their sleep, however, and I don’t want to disrupt them.

The thought makes me pause in the doorway. I probably shouldn’t. I mean, he needs his sleep too, doesn’t he? He does, I just know it. And I’d feel so bad, making him lose sleep. It’s like he never gets enough, and then it would be all my fault. Maybe, I consider, I should just return to my room. I mean, what if his parents get the wrong idea? I can suffer for one night, or maybe find some meds downstairs to help… even though last time it really didn’t help. It made everything quite worse, actually, and-

Slowly his door opens but I’m not touching it. In the darkness, I flush as Nick peaks his head out with a small grin. “And what might you be doing outside my door?” He asks suavely, but it ends in a yawn that makes me feel pretty awful.

“I… sorry,” I wince. “Could you hear me breathing?”

He shakes his head, covering his mouth. “Not really,” he shrugs, pulling me in silently. “I just know when you’re near,” he smiles in the moonlight, and guides me to his bed. “Come on. You sound tired.”

“I couldn’t sleep,” I explain, feeling foolish. “I’m really sorry. I… I didn’t want to disrupt you, honest. I just…” I leave it hanging limply, still feeling foolish- even though I did want to come. It was still pretty stupid.

“Couldn’t sleep,” he finishes, then pulls my shoulder to make me lie down next to him, because I was sitting up. “I don’t mind, my bed is big enough for us both. Just try to sleep now, okay? It’s another busy day ahead of us,” he murmurs drowsily as I start getting comfortable.

“Thank you, Nicky,” I whisper.

“Anything for you, doll face,” I can hear his smile as he kisses my neck and pulls me close before his breathing grows steady and he’s just out. It makes me smile as I rest myself close against his warm body. My eyes flutter closed, already growing heavy with sleep. It’s something like magic, that always works around Nick. So with one last content sigh, I fall asleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
happy easter! :D
hope your day was sweet. sorry its been forever! i'm like... writing SO many stories, its kinda stupid. haha.... plus guitar, finishing school. i'm in the middle of writing my graduation speech, and my two essays for college too. i'm REALLY good at procrastinating!
urgh. heeeh. anyways, today is a good one. we had a rocking [literally] earthquake, and i got a hollow chocolate bunny! today is legendary.