Fly With Me

We Could Light Up

The bathroom is huge, I think I should share that. And it’s very beautiful. Paul says they don’t do it too often, but when they’re staying in such a big city- plus the recording agency is paying for 80% of everything- they figured they might as well splurge at the moment. It almost scares me to actually use anything, but eventually I gain the courage to step into the warm shower and wash myself.

Stepping out, I find Denise had grabbed some things for me, so I grab the cut-off sweats that I stole from Nick on tour and cut them to fit me, along with a long-sleeved dark blue top and some striped socks that seem to droop.

“Finally,” Nick jokes as I step out.

“Isn’t there another bathroom?” I ask, confused, working on drying my hair with a towel.

He shrugs. “Maybe. But I want to use this one.”

I quirk up an eyebrow. “Why? So you can watch me fix my hair every morning?”

“Maaaaybe,” he wiggles his eyebrows.

I just roll my eyes, hip-nudge him and smiling, walk around for a little bit. Frankie’s beating Joe at Guitar Hero as usual, Kevin’s strumming softly on an acoustic guitar, and the parents are softly planning out other events as they start to order dinner.

“Cicily, dear, you’re looking tired,” Denise comments as I walk by, slightly bored without Nick to amuse me. “Jetlag catching up?”

“I’m starting to think so,” I begin and break out in a yawn. Nick’s mom gives me a light pointed look and I flush a little, but nod. Setting the damp towel out of the way, I find my way around to my own bed and yawning again- much bigger this time- and climb under the covers. That makes me realize really how tired I am, and quickly I drift off to sleep.

“Cicily…” Someone softly shaking me finally wakes me up. Blurrily I turn over and squint in the dim light. Rubbing my eyes, I see its Nick. “Hey, darling,” he smiles lightly. “It’s nearing noon. Mama said I should wake up.”

I start to nod, trying to lazily fix my hair, when his words really register. “Noon?!” I stare at him, my mouth hanging open, stunned.

Nick chuckles and nods. “Jet lag sure caught you good, huh?”

I slouch, feeling bad for sleeping in so long. It’s pretty obvious, from Joe whining about Frankie and Kevin beating him that everyone’s up- and have been for a while. I bite my lip. “You know you could have let me woken me up earlier, Nicky…”

He sits on the edge of the bed, smiling and helping me pat my hair down. “I’m sure I could. But one, mom thought you could use some rest, and two, you looked too cute to be disturbed.”

I pull my blankets up in alarm. “You were watching me sleep? You- you stalking creeper!”

Nick laughs, lying down next to me in the huge bed. And very soft, have I mentioned that? “You still love me,” he reminds me, tugging lightly at my tangled hair.

I wrinkle my nose in response and pull my hair back, but he just laughs, rolls off the bed, and helps me out. I give one last yawn and stretch, a habit my dance teacher said I needed to get started on, stretching every muscle right away. But as I’m stretching up, Nick grabs me around the waist and ignoring my squeals, runs me through a few rooms to the kitchen.

“Afternoon, dear,” Denise smiles at me. “Nick,” she says in a slight reprimanding tone.

“Hi, mommy,” he says, giving his mom a childish lopsided smile to show his innocence. But it just makes us laugh. I return to my room, smiling slightly, to find something to wear for the day.

“Your yellow dress.”

“Mercies!” I shriek, turning around and nearly falling over in surprise.

Nick chuckles sheepishly and comes over, sitting on the edge of the bed. “Your yellow dress,” he repeats. “It looks good on you.”

“And nothing else does?” I pout mockingly.

“Everything looks good on you,” Nick corrects himself, and pauses. “Mercies?”

I smile a little, finding the yellow dress as I peak through my hair his way. “Well, that’s what happens when your publicist turns out to be French, you know.”

“Oh right,” it dawns on him. “How is Flor, then?”

“Still wearing her strange flower dresses, but otherwise she’s enjoying L.A. and helping me out,” I shrug and stand, grabbing a few more things. “I’ll be right back, Nick.”

“Cicily!”

“Hm?” I turn attentively towards him, waiting.

Instead, he does what always throws me off and almost ashamedly; I find one of the funniest things in the world. Nick grins, giving me one of those guy-nods, and winks. I try to clamp my mouth shut, but I caught it too late, and laugh a little, shaking my head.

With that, I shut myself in the bathroom to change. I glance at myself in the mirror, wearing the yellow dress. Since living with the Jonas’ I’ve started wearing them more often- mostly because of Denise, though, cause she likes dressing me up. And I’m too nice to say anything. But when in the summer in Texas, I found them quite reasonable against the jeans I used to prefer.

“Finally,” Nick teases me, looking my way as he lies upside down on my still unmade bed. He’s fiddling with the clicker, looking for something to watch on TV.

“Morning!” Joe cries, running in and wraps his arms quickly and tightly against my middle.
♠ ♠ ♠
yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!!!!