When Sin's Deep in My Blood

15

"Unbind these chains wrapped 'round my wrists
Quit lashing out at me,
You know I didn't start this shit---
Ugh, no," I muttered after singing a few lines while playing a heavy, dark melodic riff using Zacky's schecter while everyone dozed off in the other room. I kept the first line and scratched out the other two on my notepad as I kept playing the tune in the back of the bus, using headphones with the amp so only I could hear. I closed my eyes, trying to fit more lyrics into the puzzle of this song... Trying to fit it together seemlessly. After a few minutes, I sighed in an annoyed fashion before nearly jumping as someone touched my shoulder.

"Wow, way to use my guitar..."

"Zacky! I'm sorry... everyone was asleep and I just---"

"Jeeez, Ev," he laughed, "I'm only kidding."

"Oh," I said with a slight blush, still holding the guitar.

"So... What are you working on back here?" Zacky asked, sitting next to me on the floor.

I shrugged , "I have one line of a crappy song... Well, it was a verse, but it sucked, so I stuck with the first line... The riff isn't too shitty I guess, but over all... It's bad."

"I doubt it 'sucks'," Zacky said seriously, "keep in mind that I've heard your music before... And it's really good." He paused for a moment before giving a smirk and looking at me seriously, "Well, let's hear it."

"No way," I said wide eyed.

"Come on," Zacky said, shutting the door to the room, which pretty much sound proofs it so we can't wake everyone up... Shit, why didn't Matt and Val utilize that?

"Nope," I said again.

"Come on," he coaxed, "stop being self concious, Ev..."

I groaned before giving in with a borderline whine, "Fiiine."

I started to play the song with the headphones unplugged and the amp's volume set pretty low--- loud enough to hear fine, but not too loud...incase the room wasn't fully soundproofed. But by the time the riff segued into the first verse a set of really decent lyrics started to swirl in my head, and I smiled slightly.

"Keep going," Zacky smiled in a knowing way, seeming to recognize the sudden flow of ideas I'd stumbled upon. He hit the tape recorder next to us so we'd be able to save the lyrics.

I gave a nod and started over.

"She lies to herself in the mirror and croons,
'Baby, Vegas looks so good on you.'
And she'd never admit (even to herself) that she's frightened,
She'll just pretend those neon lights are still inviting.

'Unbind these chains wrapped 'round my wrists!'
She screamed, but her plea goes unnoticed.
This city has become a poison corrupting her veins,
The lust, the sin, it's all driving her insane...

She's just another part of the missing frame...
"

"Wow," Zacky blinked.

I hit the button to stop the recording, "I told you it sucked."

"It didn't suck! It was amazing, Ev! Especially the fact that it just came out like that... And in a manner of what? Five minutes you rewrote the lyrics?"

I shrugged shyly, "You're just being nice to me, Zack."

"No... Being nice would be saying, "Wow, with a little work that could be really good...", I'm telling you it's perfect, and being honest," he insisted.

I smiled, "Well, thank you."

I cuddled up to him as we began talking about playing music, and talked about fans and such before eventually, we both dozed off.
♠ ♠ ♠
Song (C) Sheri Barrett [Obviously]