When Sin's Deep in My Blood

2

I was dressed in my Friday attire, casual; for Vegas at least. This consisted of some tight ripped jeans and a vintage Ramones t-shirt. I tucked the bottoms of the jeans into my special order knee high chucks and put my black, white pin-striped, fedora on with a thin grey cotton scarf. My hair was messy, but not in a crack-head way. More like a tailored, mess. I lined my eyes in black eye-liner, drawing my trademark star next to my right eye, but slightly below. I also used some black and silvery eye shadow to create that smoky look, leaving my lips bare. I’ve never been into lipstick or lip glosses to tell you the truth. Something about them just irks me.

I’d just come home from band practice with the two other members. The drummer is Jason Black, who’s actually a girl. She has shoulder length straight brown hair with blonde and pink highlights. She’s Marcy’s cousin and she’s 18. She’s an amazing drummer and singer. Her eyes are a golden-honey color and she has a tattoo of Marilyn Monroe’s signature on her right wrist. Our bassist is Aaron Ford, he’s 19 with ear length bleach blonde hair and blue eyes. I play guitar and sing lead vocals, writing most of the lyrics. Other lyrics are written by Jason, or the three of us together. Both of them came from financially stable families and didn’t really have to work, but they didn’t act like it. They were really down to earth, and two of my best friends. The three of us had about 2 hours until we needed to get to the club. Luckilly, tonight was my night to just be some chick singer in a band... And not dance around in my skivvies.

I barely got to enjoy my glass of vodka and coke, a pre-show tradition, before someone knocked on my door with three rapid successions. I sighed and walked over to the door, peeking in the peephole and seeing Marcy on the other side. I opened the door to him, “Hey Marcy... I’m not on for another two hours babe...”

“I know,” he smiled hugging me, “but I ordered us some green pepper and onion pizza, it’s on it’s way up.”

That was my favorite pizza, hands down. “I friggan love you Marcy!” I smiled, hugging him.

“Yes, well, you’ll need to keep up your strength tonight so you don’t faint onstage,” he smiled.

I laughed, “Yeah, okay.. Cause clearly I’m not used to performing for people. Shit, if I haven’t fainted yet, I never will. I’m used to being on the stage now. With or without most of my clothes,” I smirked.

“I know you’re used to it... But... I dunno, what if we have a random visit from like, god or something, you saying you wouldn’t freak out?” he asked.

I laughed, “Honey, Johnny Christ himself could appearate, and it wouldn’t faze me.”

He gave what seemed like a nervous laugh, but I shrugged off my suspicions. “Well then, good--- I mean, break a leg tonight!”