Different Worlds

So You Think You Can Play?

Lola P.O.V

I couldn’t wait until lunchtime, when I was due to practise with Ash and the Band.
The next 3 lessons flew by, and before I knew it, I was heading to the music room, accompanied by Gem and Sarina.
“So, how long have you played guitar?” asked Sarina, opening the door and stepping inside the room.
“About 3 or 4 years” I replied, sitting down on a table next to Ash, who turned to me and smiled.
“Oh, hey Lola! Have you got a guitar?” she said, standing up and grabbing a microphone off the amps. Suddenly all the happy feeling drained from me. I had forgot my freaking guitar! I could see it now, standing next to my mirror at home, jet black in colour, with the word ‘SKITTLE’ emblazoned on it in multi-coloured paint.
Damn.
“Erm… I do have one, but just not with me…” I muttered, feeling sheepish. But Ash just laughed.
“It’s okay, just borrow one from the music deparment!” she said, indicating the rack of electric guitars leaning against the wall.
“Sure!” I replied and walked over to the instruments. It was a good minute or two before I decided to a blood red guitar with stars on it. I picked it up and plugged it into the nearest amp.
“So, what can you play?” said Sarina, picking up her semi-acoustic guitar, a dark blue model, decorated with white stripes.
“Oh, Green Day, Smashing Pumpkins, stuff like that… ”
“Can you play Minority?”shouted Gem, over the noise of Izzy checking the drums and Ash warming up her voice.
“Yeah!” I bellowed back, making sure the guitar was in tune.
“Right! Minority it is!” yelled Ash, and dove into the song. I kept in time with everything, and with me and Sarina on guitar, Gem on bass, Izzy on drums and Ash on vocals, it sounded amazing!

Ash P.O.V

After we finished the song, I turned to Lola and said
“You are SO in the Band!”
“Really? Thanks!” she replied, putting down the guitar and putting away the amp. “So, what are we called?” she asked.
“Black Roses.” I replied.
“Cool name!”

We all ate lunch behind the Science block, after getting it from the cafeteria, and had a great laugh. After a while, Lola asked
“Do you know anyone in our year called Gerard? He’s got black hair, and - ”
“Gerard Way?” Gem asked, sitting up and straightening her skirt,
“Yeah, I think so.” Said Lola. “What do you know about him?”
Talk about dropping subtle hints!
“Brother to Mikey Way? Best friends with Ray Toro and Frank Iero? A-“ But I was interrupted mid-sentence by Izzy screaming in delight.
“Frank Iero?! Hell yeah!! I’d bloody do him!”
“Iz, you’d do anyone who smiled at you, you little whore!” laughed Gem, picking up an orange and looking at it intently, then at Izzy, then back at the orange.

Suddenly, all other thoughts were pushed to the side as I concentrated on the important task of pelting Izzy with fruit.