Different Worlds

Dress Rehearsal

Chapter 7: Dress Rehearsal

Lola P.O.V
“Right Girlies, everyone got their stuff?” barked Ash, as we all trooped into her bedroom. I stared around in amazement, I had never seen a room like it! It was simply mad, every wall a different colour scheme, every inch of space either draped with some patterned material, or covered in CD’s, clothes or accessories. I thought enviously of my plain bedroom back at my house.
“Earth to Lola! Got your stuff?” Izzy’s voice brought me back down out of the clouds as she poked me in the side.
“What? Oh, yeah.” I said, dropping my array of belts, skirts, tops, bags and make-up on to the bed and sitting down on the floor. Ash put on her loudest Green Day CD and we prepared for an amazing sleepover, Ash style.
“Ash always has the dress rehearsals!” Sarina bellowed at me over the music, “Kay has the movie nights, Gem does the night’s out, coz she can get free tickets to just about everywhere, and we do the bits inbetween!” I nodded, worried about what I was going to do when it was my turn to host a sleepover. But I forgot about all of that as Ash opened her wardobe and we got started finding our outfits for Tom Martins party, rummaging through everything we had all brought.

3 hours later… (Still Lola P.O.V)

“What about this skirt?” asked Izzy, holding up the 20th one she had tried this evening. It was Sarinas, I think, all black, with a red stripe down the side.
“Yeah, that looks good” replied Gem, tucking into her pizza, a music magazine open on her lap.
“Nah, I think I’ll try on another on.” Said Izzy, making us all groan with annoyance at Izzy’s knack of never being able to choose an outfit. I smiled to myself as I surveyed my chosen outfit in the mirror. My dark, hip-hugging jeans, with Kays sexy, gothic top and a new hairstyle, fashioned by Ash.
“You know,” mumbled Sarina through a piece of pepperoni pizza, “I’m so glad we’re such good mates!” We all agreed, but Ash added,
“Yeah, but I will not be so friendly if your drip cheese on my bed!”
“Oh sorry.”
I looked around and sighed happily. A week ago, I would have hated to be in this town, but now… Well, I’m almost glad we didn’t stay in England.
“You know, ” concluded Izzy, taking off another skirt, “I think I’ll wear jeans!”