Status: Newest character profile: Luwin, next Ramio

An Urban Fairytale

The king

Ramio led me through the woods with confidence, pointing to trees or animals at times telling me their names and if they were like him. A squirrel jumped in the trees above us before it went away in the direction we were going.

“He’s going to tell them about us.”

“How many of you are there?”

“My brother and sisters, some birds, two squirrels, a few rabbits and a hare, a raccoon and a deer. But our tribe is occasionally joined by other creatures, Alius or not.”

After walking a few more hundred meters we came to a clearing and the foxcamp. There were a few huts, loosely arranged in a half circle under a big three in the middle. A memory stirred, it looked very much like the three in the square where I first had met Eidan.

The huts were more like reinforced tents, and one of them was bigger and grander than the others. In the center there was a big fire place.

There were no humans there. But as we walked across the short wild grass animals started to show up. Birds started to sing in the tree, two rabbits came out of a hut on the left and a doe walked into sight.

Then when we were halfway there two small foxes came running out of the big hut. They yelped and danced around our feet and I had to take great care not to step at them.

Ramio laughed and shifted, he did not do it as elegantly as Rowana but it was still amazing. He was bigger than the other two and playfully attacked them.

I was unsure about what to do but a small bird landed on my shoulder, ciphered a few notes and used a wing to point at the large hut.

There were now more animals in the camp all looking at me with open curiosity as I walked to the large hut. Before entering the bird took off from my shoulder and flew inside.
Only a moment after Rowana appeared in the open doorway.

“Erienne you came!” She smiled brightly and dragged me inside and before I had the time to look around she had pushed me down on a large, soft pillow. In front of me there was a table with a bowl of strawberries, and on the other side a beautiful man who had to be Rowanas older brother.

“Welcome.” His teeth were shining white, and even if they were straight they seemed to be really sharp. “Welcome to my tribe.” He sounded proud and did not stop smiling.

Rowana sat down, cross legged on a third pillow.

“Rowana and Ramio have told me a lot about your courage and selfless acts. And I thank you with all my heart.”

I blushed at the compliments and how sincere it all sounded, and caught myself wondering why all the Alius males seemed to be so hot.

The foxking was muscular, tanned and seemed to shine with warmth. His eyes were blue as the autumn sky and blazed with joy. Like his siblings his hair was red and kind of long. But lacking the length I had seen on so many males in Eidans court.

“But even after all my questioning they haven’t been able to tell me nearly enough to understand you character.”

I didn’t become less pink as he talked. I sneaked a look at Rowana, who seemed to keep a perfectly innocent expression while she enjoyed a strawberry.

“So Erienne. Tell me about yourself.”

The question wasn’t totally unexpected, but still caught me off guard. Rowana gave me a small nod.

“So I’m an only child, I go to school, I drive, I like photography, I love spaghetti. I didn’t believe in anything supernatural before and honestly I’m still a little freaked.”

At that moment all three foxcubs raced into the hut. The smallest two came straight at me and started sniffing and poking their noses wherever they got it.

“Girls, let our guest have some space.” Rowana said, but they seemed to ignore her.
The slightly larger cub tried to fend them off and failed. Then quicker than before he sifted and grabbed their neck fur.

“You’re embarrassing her. Rammy take Rima with you and so she can shift.” Ramio said and sounded very mature. Then he let them down on the floor and the two of them ran behind a screen.

I just watched the scene.

Ramio looked at his brother. “Ren, can we stay? Please?”

“For a while.” The king answered and Ramio took place on the last pillow. “I hope we don’t scare you Erienne and we certainly don’t plan to keep you prisoner here.”

“That’s good to know…” The silence that followed was awkward and I took a strawberry, just have something to do.

Then the silence was broken by giggles. Two small redheaded girls came into the room. They looked a lot like Ramio and both smiled and whispered as they approached and then sat with Ramio on the pillow.

“These two rays of sunshine are my younger sisters Ramia and Rima. They are of the same litter as Ramio. “ Ramio sent we a wide grin and Rima fickled with her sleeve.

“Rowana is my older sister, queen regent and a freeshifter. And that leaves me.” The king grinned. “I am Renarde, king of the fox tribe.”

He made a pause and looked like he was waiting for me to ask questions. When they didn’t come he continued. “Girls, this charming human is Erienne. She is the one who saved you brother.”

I blushed. Rima and Ramia looked at me with a newfound interest.

“Erienne. I am very happy that you protected and saved Ramio.” Ramia said and then Rima leaned in and whispered something.

“No problem, really.” I answered surprised by how serious she sounded.

“It would only be right to of you to stay here so we can celebrate your bravery.” Here Ramio pinched her thigh. “ow. Isn’t it right Ren, she should stay so we can thank her?”

Renarde smiled at his sisters’ enthusiasm. “Would you do us that honor, Erienne?”

All three kids looked at me with big eyes. Rowana was still sitting still, having a slight smile on her face. Renarde grinned like this was the best suggestion that had ever been made.

It was impossible to let them down. Maybe expect from Rowana. But Renarde and the kids? And Ramio? I simply couldn’t.

”I guess I can stay for a while. But you have to promise that someone will lead me safely home.”

“I will personally see you home.” The king reassured.

The kids shrieked with joy and the girls ran out, Ramio stood up bowed to me and then hurried after them.

“Rowana, can you go and see that everyone gets the message?”

“No problem. See you in a while.” Rowana gave me a small wave and left the hut.

Suddenly I was aware that I was left alone with the very attractive king.

“I would like to go for a light topic, but the most important things should come first. Did Eidan hurt you in any way? Did he do anything to you?”

“No, he just kept me locked up in the maidens chamber, probably burned my jeans, forced me into dresses and one formal dinner were everyone were instructed to ignore me.”

“That sounds very much like him, and yes I’m afraid that if you left your jeans there he is
sure to have disposed of them. Which is really too bad, you have great legs.” Renarde smiled on like he had not just said anything out of the ordinary.

“I bicycle a lot…” So now after all the traumatic experiences I had gone through, I now had a king hitting on me?

“That’s how you came across my brother in the first place?”

“It was.” And then I started to tell him the story.
♠ ♠ ♠
So now I got two plot options for the next chapter :) How far this story will go I'm not sure about at the moment. But I will write until I burn out of ideas.