Fairy Dust

Worries

Frank's POV

"So you aren't paralyzed anymore?" Mikey asked.

"Well, I can't walk but after months of therapy, probably." Danger fiddled with his coat.

"Well, we'll be here for a while and Bob will help you." Gerard smiled, he looked almost human.

"Yups... hey!" we all laughed.

"Sorry about earlier man..." Gerard apologized.

"No worries, I'll live." Danger dismissed it but I wasn't sure about that, if we didn't eat soon we could all die of starvation.

Mikey's POV

I can't sleep. I don't know if it's the monotonous sound of the trains metal wheels on the metal tracks or if it's the worry gnawing at my empty stomach. Maybe it's cause in my old school they bullied us so much... another reason why my brother turned to drugs and alcohol, Bert got him when he was vulnerable. I don't want a replay of before.

Flashback

My shoulder collied with the cold metal of the locker. I hissed in pain as I lost my balance and fell to the hard tile floor. I saw my glasses fly across the hall.

"Freak!" they chanted then began to kick me in the stomach until blood began to leak from my mouth. I tried to scream for help but more blood only sprayed from my lips. The sticky crimson liquid landed on one of the guys snow white shoes. He paused and stared at his now stained shoes as the others kept kicking the life out of me. Rage filled his eyes and he barred his perfect teeth and began kicking me as hard as he could. My spine was hit up against the bottom of the lockers with each hit causing more agony. Black spots were turning up in my line of vision and i wondered if I was going to die. I coughed and gagged.

"Hey Craig, lighten up man." one of the guys noticed my condition, I guessed I didn't look to attractive. Craig pushed him away angrily. The other friends began to pick up on my lack of movement and started to try and pull him away. Finally they did and they all starred at me horrified. I was probably a bloody mess. Everything hurt and I was out cold.

"Shit." Craig whispered still panting.

"Lets get out of here." one guy said and they bolted down the hall. I heard a door open then slam shut then a startled voice. I was beginning to come around again.

"Hey man, are you okay?" I didn't respond. Yes I am fine, I just got the shit kicked out of my by 6 guys. I'm fucking dandy! I didn't really say that though. I just fading in and out. This happened nearly everyday but never to this degree. "Shit..." I felt cold fingers touch my wrist then neck looking for a pulse. I heard them put something down, their bag? "Please don't die?" they whispered. I was scaring this person. I forced my heavy eye lids open. I coughed up more blood but my ribs hurt so much that I cringed. "Oh my God!" I glanced up to see two blurry hazel eyes starring at me. Was it an angel?

"Hi." I whispered weakly. They starred at me for a few more seconds before introducing them self as Frank. He extended a hand and I gingerly shook it. I guess it looked odd because I looked half dead.

"You need a hospital don't you?"

"That would be nice." he laughed and pulled out his cell phone.

End Of Flashback

That was the first time when Frank and I met. It was in freshman year, grade 9. It was like a month into the year and since then we became inseparable. Now 3 years later were sitting in this cargo car huddling for warmth. He stayed with me at the hospital in those dark ages. He lied for me their saying I fell out of a tree when I found out I had 8 broken ribs and was lucky I didn't puncture a lung or something worse.

"See anything interesting?" I asked. Gerard was looking out of a crack in the car.

"Farmland, lots of farmland and..."

"And?" Ray asked.

"A racetrack? A big one."

"I take it we can't make some wagers on the ponies?" Danger asked, we all ignored him.

"What do you think? Kentucky?"

"Could be." Gerard answered. "Wherever we are were getting closer to freedom."
♠ ♠ ♠
A nice long one :) Comments?