Fairy Dust

Bert

Mikeys POV

I could hardly stand still. Frank was my best friend and he was in there alone with my brother. It was almost too much to bear! My brother didn’t like any of my friends, and especially not love any of them. I paced the hall way while my parents sat and watched me.

“Son, Frank won’t come out any faster even if you’re pacing.” My dad told me. His face was full of worry for Gerard. I sighed and sat next to my mom and dad in the chairs out side of Gerard’s room. I hated hospitals so much. They smelt of death and sickness. I didn’t want Gerard to die even if for the last couple of years he was a jerk. Now I regret plotting to get Frank and Gerard together. Frank didn’t deserve such a terrible person. If Gerard was still the greatest brother ever then yeah, Frank deserves him as much as a best friend award.
The door knob turned and out stepped Frank. He had a pleased smile on his face and grinned when our eyes met. I guessed what happened.

We all stepped into Gerard’s room but he was fast asleep. I watched the rise and fall of his chest as he breathed. His heart rate monitor beeped a happy beat and all was merry.
Screaming came from the hall and made all of us turn around. A man came running down the hall with doctors and police officers chasing him, his long brown hair streaming behind him. I recognized him as Bert, the man who got Gerard on drugs far worse then pot. My parents knew him too. Bert ran into our room and knocked Frank out of the way.

“Gerard speaks to me! I heard what happened. I ran all the way to your house and a nice lady told me you went to the hospital.” Bert said with fake sadness in his voice. He looked mad and relived at the same time. The doctors and police ran in at that moment.

“You are under arrest for drug dealing and sexual assault.” Said an officer, hand cuffing Bert.

“Get off of me you fuckers!” he screamed. Gerard’s eyes flicked open and watched his friend being dragged out of the room with everyone watching. Gerard’s gaze landed on Frank who found his shoes quite interesting.

“I’m going to go get some skittles from the vending machine downstairs.” Then he ran out of the room leaving Gerard in tears and me wondering if I should follow him.

Franks POV

I put 50 cents into the little slot where the coins go and pressed the code to get skittles out. The machine wouldn’t give them to me. It was all too much! I fell in love with my best friend’s brother who’s a druggie and is now in the hospital. Then his friend comes in and gets arrested in his room, how do I know Gerard and that friend of his aren’t just friends? Even if they are just friends, drugs make you do things you never expected nor’ wanted to do.
I leaned my head against the vending machine and cried. I wanted my skittles and I wanted Gerard to love me without me worrying that Gerard is off with another guy doing drugs and having sex. A hand was laid on my shoulder and I was embraced in a tight hug.

“It’s ok Frank.” Mikey told me and he got my skittles out and handed to me. He was the bestest friend a guy could ask for.