Fairy Dust

They Can Amputate It Once

Mikey's POV

We avoided the city as much as possible but we needed to go through. Gerard looks bad, he's limping again, is his leg getting infected from that bullet wound?

"They can amputate it once, Gee." Ray commented when he noticed Gerard's struggling steps. My brother halted and slowly turned around.

"I hope it doesn't need to get that far, I want the scar and thats all, also with all limbs." he was so brave, I looked up to him. He was my idol.

Frank walked with his head down in the back. He won't talk to me. He ignores me when I ask him what's wrong. What has happened, I feel so lost. Our relationship has changed from the first day of this war. From that moment, we were different men. I looked up at the bleak sky to have a snowflake land on my nose. Fresh winter snow. I sighed into the cold air as the others kept moving. Frank past me. More snow came, landing on my eyelashes that were beginning to look bleached. My lips trembled, I so much wanted to cry for my mother, I miss her. I began walking, I could see the others far ahead. How long have I been standing here? I walked faster trying to catch up but the wind was picking up and the snow was landing quietly around us. It was so quiet. I began running, fear was beginning to take ahold of my throat and I don't know why. I want mom.

Frank's POV

I heard the crunching of new snow behind me. It was coming faster and faster. I stopped and turned around to see Mikey crying with his nose all snotty and red and running towards me.

"Mikey?" he ran into my arms and sobbed. I held him close not really knowing what to do so we stayed like that. The others stopped to find out what was going on. They stood and watched as I held Mikey. Was he in a semi-panic attack or something. Why? "Mikey?"

"Frank..." he choked. He looked into my eyes. His glasses were lost long ago. Something in those eyes made my heart forget a few beats. Though he looked so... odd, those eyes. More mysterious then Gerard's yet still so beautiful. "I don't know!" he wailed. I looked at the others for help.

"What's wrong?" I finally asked.

"I don't know!" he sobbed and clung tighter to my winter coat. Was he on his period?

"Calm down Mikey, relax. Tell me what's wrong." he shook his head.

"No..."

"Alright, it's okay."
♠ ♠ ♠
Yes lame I know.