Fairy Dust

Confusion.

Mikey's POV

Frank is light. He is certainly lighter then before the war. The snow was deep and it wasn't easy to move through. The others went slow. I could see the dead city of Denver Colorado below, the snow was thinner down there. We were on some ski slope, there were chairlifts above us. January until February is supposed t be difficult but the weather seems to be holding for us. What I want to know is, is the war still on? We haven't seen a soldier for like ever. I thought back to when Frank found that diary. The Anarchists and US Military were working together, then what was going on? Was the war over? Was it just a seize fire? I am so confused. Still we press on. I want to get to one of those houses below and start a fire and find food and sleep in a real bed. The residents have fled, its clear. Who knows if the enemy is hiding down there? Who was the enemy? After those US soldiers pushed us into the river after Frank and after being shot at by Anarchists and raided by random guys on the train?

"Mikes?" Frank asked. I looked down, his rose was red and so were his cheeks.

"Hmm?"

"I'm hungry." I nodded.

"So am I, just wait until we get down the mountain, then we can find a place to eat and sleep in peace." he smiled. I smiled back. I love Frank. He is like my second brother.... my younger brother. Gerard is in my heart of course, without him we may not be here right now. We could be back at that chateau where we met Andrea and Max... or maybe still at the army base. Did they even know we were not soldiers?

Gerard's POV

The door creaked open. The room was empty. Everything lay untouched. Ray had picked the lock, turns out he wasn't such a nice guy back then and used to rob houses at night. Came in handy today though. I stepped inside. It was a fancy lodge with big wooden beams and hunting trophies over a huge wooden fireplace.

"Hate to lose this place." Bob mumbled and sat Danger in a comfy looking chair.

"Yeah, its nice here." Danger replied. I walked into the kitchen and opened the fridge. A horrific scent invaded my nostrils. I closed the door quickly. How can I forget the electricity hadn't been on for a long time. I opened the cupboards. Filled with cans of soup, beans, bags of pasta, sauces, cookies, and so much more. My mouth was watering. I pulled it all out and went through drawers in search of a can opener. I got pots and pans and brought them over to the huge fireplace. Bob and Ray went to get firewood. Mikey went to explore the rest of the place and see if there was anymore goodies around. Frank sat with Danger.

"Don't be sad Frankie, were going to be fine and were going to eat now and be warm and sleep well." I heard Danger say.

"Yeah I know... but I can't help it, Gerard has ruined my life."

"So has the war." Danger pointed out.

"Your an illusionist, can't you make it better?" there was a pause.

"Sorry Frank, I can play dead and grow things but I can't mend hearts or stop the killing." I went back to cooking. I heard Bob and Ray pile firewood into the fireplace. They walked into the kitchen in search of lighters or matches of some kind.

"Found em." Bob said and they stalked back while I emptied soup and other delicacies into the pots and began to carry them to the seating area. Frank went out with a bucket to get snow to melt so we would have water. I wouldn't mind a bath.