Fairy Dust

So Happy...

Mikey's POV

Even though we are warm and safe, I don't think we are all that happy. Gee and Frank... they avoid each other. Bob, Danger, Ray, and I try to keep our spirits up by playing cards, board games or singing. Now we sit in front of the warm fire playing Crazy Eights while eating chicken soup. Gerard said he didn't want to play; he is just sitting in a comfy chair watching us play. He looks deep in thought.

"Spades." Bob announced. I threw a card down. My heart wasn't really in the game and my head was in the clouds. I am worried for Frank and Gee, I love them both so much and if anything happens to them... I don't know what I would do. My brother and my best friend... my family, they are all my family.

"Hearts." Danger threw an eight down. Hearts. Well my heart is hurting because I hate when they hate each other. I guess Frankie hates Gee more but still, they won't speak to each other!

"Mikes, why are you crying?" Danger's voice held concern. Everyone was watching me, the game was paused. I wiped my eyes with my sleeve and shook me head.

"Nothing guys." I threw down another card. They glanced around at each other and hesitantly resumed the game. I looked up to see my brother watching me. His pain was etched with pain and his eyes begged for forgiveness. I pulled a small smile but it was forced, he could see it.

Frank watched me as I climbed the stairs towards 'my room'. He stood at the bottom of the staircase and watched. I stopped and turned around.

"Listen Mikes-" he began. "I'm sorry." I stood there as he followed me up the wooden steps.
“Frankie…” I looked at my feet. He embraced me tightly. I hugged him back. I could smell soap from when he took a bath last night. Then something I didn’t expect. A kiss.