Fairy Dust

Black Blood

Gerard's POV

It's infected. The dried crusty blood around is cracking to reveal black puss leaving out. It is truly revolting. It smells too, like rotting flesh. Again I press clean snow to the wound. It stings but helps. No one knows and no one is allowed to know. My arm is pretty much healed but I still keep it up just in case because it still hurts if I strain it too much. We are in Utah now or to be more specific in front of the sign that welcomes us.

"Utah, Still the right place." Bob read. The snow was very shallow here and soon we would encounter desert. The weather was warmer then it was up north. It was warmer but more unpredictable and wet. I kicked the slushy ground, sand flew with the snow.

"Do we continue?" Mikey asked wearily.

"We can't stop now." Frank piped up, he seemed in good spirits. Can't say the same for myself.

"Frankie's right, lets go!" Danger pointed ahead towards an endless highway where there would be no shelter. Just two weeks ago we were in Denver eating our hearts out and now... once more refugees. I groaned in agony as I got up off the ground and dusted myself off. Ray looked at my sympathetically then gingerly picked Danger up off the ground.

Once more we were traveling at a grueling pace. My leg burned like the fiery pits of hell. I gritted my teeth as I carried on at the pace the leader, Mikey, had set. Tears threatened to spill as I, the last in line, fell further and further behind. A warm liquid was rolling down my calf and wetting my pants. It was probably that rank scented black blood that had seemed to infest my body and dying my red blood cells with poison. Finally tears were rolling down my face and I was so close to crying out but instead I fell to the sandy soil.
♠ ♠ ♠
Finally an update! So sorry for the long pauses but homework has been heavy. Hope this makes up for it all! Comments?