Fairy Dust

Nevada

Mikey's POV

Warm. I can safely say there is no snow on the ground and nor have we seen any for quite some time. A week since the woman helped us and two since my brother scared me half to death. I love my brother, I really do and if anything ever happened to him... well it wouldn't be nice.

"I like it here." Bob commented. We sat on a large hill in the cool sand. Just a few tufts of grass grew around us as we rested. We were also beside a river to hydrate ourselves after another long trek. We were so close and no way will we give up now.

"No Bob, it's nicer in Cali." Danger seemed to read my mind. I smiled up to the sky and closed my eyes to absorb the suns rays.

"Hey look!" Frank hissed and pointed towards the flat plains. There stood a herd of magnificent horses grazing on the scattered grass. They reminded me of the horses we used to escape.

"Lola..." Gerard whispered. He was remembering the horse that he rode and was killed. I can't even remember who I had.

"Their gorgeous." Ray said. The horses began to move on after they had a drink and soon they disappeared over the horizon.

"Were bypassing the city completely and going straight into Cali." Bob pointed to the map.

"Yeah but were going through the widest part of the state, we'll die of dehydration!" I yelped in panic as Danger said such words.

"Don't worry Mikes, there will be towns along the way." my brother comforted me.

"And maybe if we get high enough, snow." Frank grinned trying to make me feel better. Night had fallen upon us and it was cold. Luckily Gerard convinced us to keep our coats with us.