Fairy Dust

Red Skittles

Gerard’s POV

Frank and Mikey walked into my room. Frank carried his skittles in clenched fists. He was mad at me. My happy face from there return fell to sadness. Frank sat in a chair farthest from me and opened his bag of skittles and only ate the red, the color of blood, my blood. Mikey sat at the end of my bed on a chair. No one said anything for a while.

“I’m sorry Frank.” Was all I could say? He didn’t look up but kept eating the red skittles.

“Frank, he said he was sorry.”

“So?” Frank mumbled. My heart sank.

“Well, you should at least hear what Gerard has to say.” Frank took a glance at me. His eyes filled with anger and sorrow.

“Fine.”

“Frank I’m really sorry about Bert, but I swear, we never did anything and I never liked him.” Frank looked at me and began eating the green skittles. Was that a good sign? Frank sighed.

“What about when you were drunk?” I though a moment.

“Even then and even when I was stuffed with drugs.” I was telling the truth and Frank could see that.

“Then I believe you.” I smiled weakly. I was so tired all of a sudden. My eyelids began to fall. I tried to fight the sleep coming on; I wanted to stay with my Frankie.

“Love you...” I whispered before dozing off.

Franks POV

Gerard fell asleep but not before saying he loved me. I glowed inside. Mikey and I walked out of the room. His parents came up the hall with coffee which we gratefully took. I just noticed we were still in our pajamas!

“How’s Gerard doing?” asked Mr. Way seriously.

“He’s holding on pretty good.” Mikey said and Mrs. Way sighed in relief.

“Well just go and say goodbye to him and then we will head home.” She smiled.

“He’s asleep.” I said and they nodded. We walked through the hallway to the elevator. The glow inside me didn’t vanish; it stayed with me until we got home. It was still Christmas, why stop celebrating? We had a proper Christmas breakfast and for once in my life, I felt I belonged.