Fairy Dust

I Love You

I knew Frankie was staying at my place. He was Mikeys guest. It was Christmas after all.
I ran down through the dark and dirty streets of New Jersey. Men sat outside buildings in the cold. It was Christmas and people were freezing and starving! A pang of sorrow went out to them as I regretted ever letting Bert talk me into smoking. My lungs burned from running. I realized was going the fastest I could. The cold burned my throat as I gasped for air. I slowed to a walk then I stopped. I slowed my heart rate then began to jog home.
I reached my house and stopped in front of it. It sat there like an ugly monster ready to swallow me whole. For now it slept along with the rest of Jersey.

I went around to the side of the house where it was pitch black. I opened the basement window and slipped inside. That window was never locked incase I came home high or something so I could not let my parents or Mikey know. It hurt my parents when they found out I was doing this to myself. Sneaking out and drinking and doing drugs. I look back and wonder why I did those things.

I stepped down into the dark room and heard steady breaths. My eyes adjusted to see me Frankie in my bed. He looked so peaceful while he hogged my bed. He was stretched out completely with one arm nearly touching the floor.

I took off my shoes and stripped until I was just in my boxers. Only now in the pale glow of the moon I could see I had IVs in my arm I must have pulled out accidentally. Those would leave a sore bruise tomorrow, or rather, today. My clock read 3am when I snuck in beside my Frankie. I hugged him and tried not to wake him but he rolled over and awoke.

“Gee?”

“Yeah Frankie, go back to sleep.” I whispered and kissed his forehead.

“What time is it?” he mumbled groggily.

“3am, go back to sleep.” He snuggled into me and I wrapped my arms around him.

“Just one more question, why aren’t you in your hospital room?”

"’Cause I wanted to be with you.” I felt him smile and I pulled him tighter against my bare chest.

"I love you Gee.”

“I love you too Frankie.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments greatly wanted!!!