Fairy Dust

Scared Shitless

Mikeys POV

“They’re shooting everything that moves out there.” Gerard said. Frank held onto him tightly. I was glad they fell in love but what worried me was that they fell to fast; to me they were never going to stop falling until they crashed.

“You okay Mikes?” Gerard asked me. My parents watched me nervously and Frank buried his face in my brother’s shirt.

“Fine Gee.” The bombs started again but they were far away. The shooting stopped and our street fell deadly silent. My mother trembled in my father’s arms; his face was lined with stress. I was scared too, we all were. Being crammed into my brother’s small bathroom didn’t help our situation but kept us safe, for now.

Franks POV
I was so scared when Gee went up to check out the situation. I’m really in love with him now but now in afraid I’ve fallen so far that if something happened between us, I don’t know if I could handle it.

“I’ll go up and check again.” Gerard said.

“No, you already risked your life, I’ll go.” I said. The Way family looked shocked, I was asking to do something that could potentially kill me so Gerard wouldn’t take such a risk and up his chances of something going on. Something like gratitude shone in his parents eyes but fear of loss shone in the Way brother’s.

“No Frank.” Whispered Mikey. “I’ll do it.”

“No Mikes, its okay, I’ll be fine.” Before anyone could object, I opened the bathroom door and tip- toed to the stairs.

I poked my head over the windowsill and looked out into the blood barren streets. Dead bodies littered the pavement and lawns. I felt sick to my stomach when an army jeep rolled by and scanned the homes in the darkness. I ducked down before the headlights illuminated the Way household. I was scared shitless and I wondered if life would ever be the same again.
♠ ♠ ♠
COMMENTS?