Fairy Dust

Life During War Time

*Frank's POV*

I sat crumpled on the floor beside the window for what seemed like forever. I couldn’t believe this was what other people in other countries went through.

"Pst! Frank!" I raised my head a little to see Gerard's head looking at me over the top of the basement steps. "Are you alright?" I nodded a little and put my head on the floor again. The fuzzy carpet tickled my cheek. I felt younger again for a few seconds. It felt like the time I hid under the table at home. Home. Fear burned at the pit of my stomach for my parents? Were they dead or hiding out like we were?

"Frankie!" Gerard hissed at me again. I ignored him, I wanted to be alone.

*Gerard's POV*

What was taking him so long? He should be back by now unless... But there were no gunshots or cries for help.

"I'll go up and check to see if he's okay." I said.

"Hurry back." my mother whispered as I exited the bathroom. My room was darker now, night was approaching. I crept up the steps to see a huddled figure by the window. Frankie.

"Pst! Frank!" I hissed. I didn’t want to draw attention if someone was close by. He raised his head. "Are you alright?" I asked. He nodded then put his head down again. I bet he was in shock. So much blood was out there and death was on our doorstep. He was scared, we all were.

"Frankie!" I hissed again. He didn’t respond. I was worried now. Would he be scarred for life? Would we all be scarred for life after this war ends... if it will end?
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it's short!