Fairy Dust

Frank

Gerard’s POV

I had to admit my mom is a great cook. Right now I didn’t care how great dinner tasted. I felt fat and ugly. I needed this stuff out of me. I went into the washroom joined to my room and knelt down in front of the toilet. I stuck two fingers in my mouth to the back of my throat and felt the bile coming up. Soon I would feel fat anymore but just as ugly.
I brushed my teeth so my family wouldn’t know what happened and flushed the remains of dinner down the toilet. I felt better now. I walked back into my room and opened one of my drawers and took out a bottle of vodka. I hated what I did but it helped through the emotional pain I was in. The thought of my ex-boyfriend leaving me was heartbreaking and I began chugging the vodka down. I paused feeling my throat burn but also feel better. A thought came to me. What did my little brother think of me now? I used to be his idol. I tried to push that to the back of my mind but It wouldn’t go so I finished off the vodka. I Began feeling lightheaded in a good way and lay down on my bed. Mikey wasn’t in my thoughts anymore and neither was my ex. So I closed my eyes and fell asleep in my clothes.

I was walking into a dark alley in the middle of the night. I needed more. Lots more. I needed it to survive. It killed my thoughts of bad things. Before I reached the meeting place I stopped. I thought about my little brother. I kept walking wanting to forget. There he was.

“Gerard.” He nodded to me. I nodded back.

“You have it?” I asked him. He nodded and shook a little pill bottle. I took out the money and handed it to him and he handed me my obsession.

“Nice doing business with you my friend.” Smirked the man and he melted into the shadows.

I awoke in a cold sweat. I hated that dream. I hated that man. I hated that my head hurt right now. I didn’t bother with aspirin I took the little pill bottle that was in my dream and took two little red pills. My head began to swim in happiness and I fell back on to my pillow and dropped out of consciousness back into that dream.

Franks POV

I began walking to the address Mikey told me to go. I had never been to his house before in the two years I had known him but this year he wanted me to come over for Christmas Day and I couldn’t refuse. So here I was carrying my gift for him in red paper with blue stars on it. It was damn cold out and I tried hiding my nose into my jacket. I was freezing! There It was! Mikey’s house. I went up and rung the door bell. No answer. I stamped my feet to keep them warm with not success. Was this his house? I looked at my watch. 9am, not bad. I rang the bell again to hear running footsteps. Mikey opened the door and let me in. He was in plaid PJ pants and an Elvis shirt.

“Good morning and Merry Christmas!” I said.

“Merry Christmas to you too!” he replied. A man walked in from what I think was the kitchen with a cup on coffee. That’s what I needed, coffee!

“Hello!” he said smiling. I smiled back.

“Hi!” said a woman walking downstairs. I guess these were Mikey’s parents.

“Hey.” I said as I took my boots and hat off. Mikey took my coat and I followed his to his room. I looked over and saw a black door with red writing on it.

“Whose room is that?” I asked. He looked to where I was pointing and his smile faded.

“My brother’s.” he whispered.

“I didn’t know you had a brother?” He just shrugged and walked back into his room and I followed.