Fairy Dust

Underground Network

*Frank's POV*

I stumbled through the blackened debris the explosion caused looking for anything worth keeping. The whole neighborhood was gone and I couldn’t see anything besides broken buildings. It was so cold; I could see my breath in the air. I only wore my plaid pajama pants and band-tee and the Way's were also in there night wear.

A flash of red caught my sight and I quickly began to dig through the scrap metal and broken wood. It was Elfy, the plush unicorn Mikey got me only hours ago. A tear escaped down my cheek and more followed its lead. I dusted the dirt off Elfy's white fur the best I could and tucked it under my arm to continue searching for valuables such as food of clothes.
I glanced up at Mikey who gazed off into the distance in his pink unicorn pajamas; he was so different now, just in the past 5 hours he changed.

"Hey everybody, look!" Gerard sat on the other side of the street. It snapped me from my thoughts. Everyone shuffled over to his to see his discovery.

"It's a radio!" Donna exclaimed. We all grinned accept Mikey who sat further away from us. His eyes were glazed over, he was deep in thought. What was he thinking about?

"Does it work?" I asked. He shrugged but the gleam in his hazel eyes didn’t fade. To see his like that gave me hope and courage. He turned a knob, pressed a button and flicked a switch and the small radio came to life. We all exchanged smiles; even Mikey left his dream world to smile ever so slightly.

Donald surfed station after station until we heard English words.

'New York, Boston, New Jersey and Philadelphia have undergone major damage due to bombings from a secret organization who call themselves Anarchists. At this time we do not know their motives but only our station will give you updates.' Donald turned off the radio as we all sat there grim faced.

"So were not the only ones..." Donna whispered. Gerard took my hand and gave it a squeeze of reassurance. A glow of hope ignited inside of me and I smiled at him.

"Anarchists..." Donna mumbled through a sob as Donald held her tightly. We were all going crazy. I clutched Elfy tightly and hugged Gerard. Shots began to ring out.

"They’re coming." Mikey whispered, his eyes were full of fear. The gunshots made my blood run cold. I was so scared.

"Run." Donald whispered to us. Gerard's eyes widened.

"We can’t leave you guys here!" he hissed. I nodded in agreement. Donna gave a sad smile.

"Survival of the fittest. Now go!" Mikey, Gerard and I blindly began to run. Snow began to fall from the overcast skies as the gunshots got closer. A blood curdling scream ripped through the air.

"Mom..." Gerard stopped in his tracks and stared straight ahead.

"Gee, we need to go!" I tugged on his hand that I hadn’t let go of. Mikey stood impatiently waiting for us.

"We can’t leave them." Gerard choked out.

"They’ll be fine." Mikey said coldly and turned and kept walking through the snow.

"How can you say that?" Mikey stopped but did not turn to us. "There our parents, how can you say that?"

"Because, mom’s right, in this world Darwin was right. Survival of the fittest. “Gerard tensed up. The gunman was coming closer.

"Gee..." I whispered. I was ignored as the brothers glared at one another. My heart was beating faster now, I was high of adrenalin. I was so scared I was ready to puke my guts out.
Mikey just started walking, just like that. I glanced at Gerard, his eyes held hate. In such a case, Mikey was right. I let go of Gee's hand and followed Mikey only glancing over my shoulder once to see Gerard's heartbroken face staring after me.
♠ ♠ ♠
I am so so SO sorry for no updates, I have been so busy that I have had no time to update, I hope this makes up for lack of updates, comments?