Fairy Dust

DEAD!

*Frank's POV*

I heard Mikey cry out Gerard's name and I slowed my pace. I turned my head only to see Gerard on the ground and Mikey on his knees hunched over his brother. I stopped and went back. I felt the warm tears flowing down my cheeks.

"Gee...?" I whispered. Gerard didn’t move. He didn’t make a sound. Mikey began to shake. He leaned on my and cried. I heard footsteps behind us but it didn’t matter. Gerard was dead.

"You need to leave." a man's voice said. He wore dog tags and camouflage and even carried a gun. He must have been from the military. He stopped talking when he saw Gee's body and Mikey crying.

"I need a medic, over." The radio crackled as a response came to him. The soldier felt for Gee's pulse but Mikey and I just sat there and stared blankly into the distance. Now I didn’t care if we lived or died. My life was over and I bet Mikey's was too.

"Vital signs very faint." The soldier said into the radio. A flare of hope ignited in my soul. He was still alive! I looked over at Mikey. He looked at me, his eyes almst as big as dinner plates.

The medics arrived and took Gerard's body and we jogged after them, they certainly didn’t waste time.

"He's unconscious, the bullet hit him in the back but we don’t know if there is internal damage. He may not make it." One medic explained. Gerard lay on the stretcher covered with a wool blanket. He was only in his boxers when the bombs began to fall and he escaped like that. Mikey was in his unicorn PJ's and I was still in my plaid PJ pants and band tee.

"What about my parents?" Mikey asked. The medic looked grim.

"I'm sorry, the Anarchists got to them first. Your father is dead but your mother was captured." Mikey's face fell. His mother was probably being tortured or in a holding cell with other captives.

"I'm sorry." I whispered to Mikey and he nodded. We reached some sort of cave on the side of a hill. I never noticed it before and I had walked past this area many times before. We went inside, soldiers were everywhere! Some typed on computers, others shouted orders on portable radios and few cleaned there weapons.

"What is this place?" I asked.

"Jersey military control center or JMCC. The army built this place if the Anarchists ever went to far."

"Like now?" Mikey asked. The medic stopped to think.

"Yeah, like now." We walked through the halls, each made like a modern mine shaft with beams supporting the stone ceiling. Then we entered what I think was the hospital. The white beds held no patients but each blanket had a red cross on it. A doctor strode towards us.

"What do we have?" he asked.

"Bullet wound, may be internal damage. Also two others who need a bit of treatment." The medic held a solemn face and the doctor looked Mikey and I over then Gerard who hadn’t moved still.

"Alright, put him on a bed and i'll see what I can do." The door opened at the other end of the room and a nurse strode towards us. She carried a tray of medical introments. She gave us a warm smile then lead Mikey and I to the other side of the room where she entered.

"Please sit." We did and she handed us a metal bowl with water in it. "All wounds need cleaning." Mikey and I washed our faces until the water was a murky brown, then the nurse disinfected our cuts, Mikey even go 4 stitches on the back of his neck!

The nurse stood up and began to walk away but Mikey grabbed her hand.

"What about my brother?" She narrowed her eyes at him, she clearly didn’t like Mikey holding her hand so he let go.

"The doctor is doing everything he can." Then she disappeared through the door that she had entered from.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments??