Fairy Dust

Red Handed

*Mikey's POV*

I watched from the other side of the room, as the shadow of the doctor moved behind the curtain. Gerard was in surgery. Frank sat with me, he also watched the curtain for signs that they were finished. The nurse had told us to be silent while the doctor worked so I didn't ask Frank how long the doctor had been in there for. It felt like eternity ago when the doctor drew the curtain and fought to save my brothers life while Frank and I sat there.

The same nurse that cleaned us up motioned us to follow her. Frank and I stood up and quietly followed her out of the room and down the hall.

"How much longer?" Frank asked when we lost view of the hospital.

"Whenever the doctor finishes." She replied bluntly. I hated when a nurse or doctor said that to you, then you wonder even more how long it's going to take.

"Is he going to die?" I asked and the nurse stopped. Frank and I nearly collided with her. She turned around and gave us a stern look, her blue eyes burning holes in our flesh.

"The doctor is doing everything he can, now please, no more questions I can’t answer." She looked around 35 but still held pretty features.

"Then where are we going?" Frank prodded and I withheld a grin.

"To get you two some fresh clothes." I looked down at myself. My brand new PJ's were filthy and ripped. Frank to had dirt on his PJ's.

Finally we reached our destination. A locker room that smelled like gym socks. The nurse left and came back with military clothes.

"A small for you." she handed the uniform to Frank. "And a medium for you." She gave me my uniform then she left us to shower and get dressed.

*Author's POV*

Frank glanced over at Mikey in the shower room. The room was steamy and warm as the two men stood naked under the hot water. Mikey had taken his glasses off and was scrubbing his hair with shampoo that was in a soap dispenser on the shower wall. Frank couldn’t help but check Mikey out lower and lower until his hazel eyes rested on one place unparticular. Frank busied himself with washing his body but kept watching Mikey.

*Mikey's POV*

I moved the wet hair that was in my eyes out of the way so I could see. Out of the corner of my eye I could see Frank's blurry figure watching me. Heat rushed to my face.
"Yes Frank?" I asked. I saw him look away and pretend he hadn’t been watching me.

"What?"

"You were watching me."

"No I wasn’t."

"Yes you were, I saw you." Frank didn’t reply, I had caught him red handed.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it's short! Comments?