Fairy Dust

Must Be Dreaming

*Author's POV*

Mikey jerked awake to the squealing of wheels on the tile floor. He sat up in the bed and watched as medics rushed in with injured soldiers and doctors and nurses ran about trying to save there lives. Time seemed to slow as the soldiers cried out and blood flowed out of there bodies. The sanitary floor was soon a red lake of smeared blood.

"Nurse! Nurse!" A man cried out. He was holding his stomach like his insides would fall out. The nurse rushed to him and pulled his arms away. The man's intestines and stomach was exposed. Mikey cupped his mouth with his hands in shock. It was truly a gruesome sight not for the faint of heart.

Where was Frank? Mikey glanced around for his best friend. Frank wasn’t there! In the rush of foot traffic, hospital instruments fell to the floor and a nurse cried out in frustration. Nobody helped her and she struggled to collect the life saving instruments. Mikey jumped to his feet and went to help the nurse.

There hands touched, Mikey and the nurse looked into each others eyes. Strangely he didn’t feel the least bit of compassion towards this woman. She smiled at him as they picked up the tools together. The world seemed to start spinning again and the scene came back to Mikey. He looked at his hands and gawked. They were blood stained. He felt like puking but held it in. The nurse he helped was working as fast as she could to put a splint on a crying soldiers arm. He struggled against her but nobody came to help, they were all to busy. Mikey held the man down and the nurse smiled at him. She finished quickly and motioned him to follow her to another patient who had multiple bullet wounds. It reminded Mikey of Gerard, he was a few beds down with the curtain drawn. Mikey was glad his brother didn’t have to witness such misery.

Frank wandered aimlessly through the base in his pajamas. He wore Harrison Browns dog tags around his neck and tucked into the front of his shirt. He had been out for quite awhile and now he felt tired. Just around the corner was the hospital and Frank could hear voices and the sound of metal banging on metal. What was going on in there? Gerard and Mikey couldn’t be making that much noise by themselves. A nurse threw open the hospital door and quickly walked down the hall away from him. The noise was clearly loud, then the door swung closed and the voices were dulled out by the barrier.

Frank cautiously opened the door and the scent of blood and fear nearly knocked him off his feet. Soldiers were sobbing like babies and nurses and doctors ran around like parents trying to comfort them. In the crowd was Mikey with his fingers to a soldier’s neck trying to keep an artery from spilling more blood on the floor. A nurse worked around him, both were blood spattered. I blinked and rubbed my eyes praying this was a dream but the noise was still there and sure enough, I wasn’t dreaming.
♠ ♠ ♠
Please comment, dont forget to read the update from yesterday!!!