Fairy Dust

Elfy the unicorn

Gerard’s POV

I heard loud music coming from Mikey’s room. I wished he would shut up because my head was throbbing as usual. I lazily got up and rubbed my eyes. My black hair fell over my eyes to hide me from the light. I stood but felt sick. I always felt sick these days. I felt my head to see it was hot. I stumbled to my door and opened it. The music was louder now. I kicked Mikeys room open to see two shocked faces. Mikey was there standing. He was dancing before I came and another boy. His hair fell over one eye and his face showed surprise. I couldn’t stop looking at him. His black pants were tight so I could see him more. His shirt was tight too. Stop looking Gerard! I had to tear my eyes away from perfection. He sat on Mikeys bed. I didn’t know what to do know, it was awkward.

“Just turn the music off, my head is killing me.” Was the only thing I could say? Then I walked away. I wanted sleep.

Mikey’s POV

When my brother kicked my door open he looked at Frank in such a way I haven’t seen in a long time. He looked normal. It scared me that he looked Frank up and down like he was a hot girl. Then again, he was bi. Did my big brother have a little crush on my best friend? Frank just sat there. His cheeks were pink in embarrassment; he knew he was being checked out. I didn’t know what to do so I turned the music off. Gerard was never polite. He was rude and mean but here, he almost seemed like drugs and alcohol had never taken over. Maybe I should bring Frank around more often, but I didn’t want to use my best friend to bring my brother back to normal. I would have to do this slowly and Frank would have to be fine with it.

Franks POV

My cheeks burned in embarrassment, I just got checked out by my best friends brother who I’m guessing didn’t get along well with Mikey. I looked over at Mikey who turned off the music and now looked at me too. My cheeks burned more. This was truly freaky.

“Well… Umm…” I stuttered awkwardly.

“Let’s go open presents!” said Mikey thankfully changing the subject. I leapt off the bed and we raced down the hall to see Mikeys parents there.

“Merry Christmas!” said Mikeys mom who handed Mikey a box with pretty wrapping paper. He ripped through it and inside were the cutest unicorn pajamas. I doubled over laughing when I saw Mikeys face.

“Thanks mom! There just what I wanted!” He looked at them all over. They were girl pajamas! Mikey took a glare at me and I tried to stop laughing. He handed me a pink box.
I raised an eyebrow and took it and opened it. A plush unicorn with a Santa hat on it! It was so cute.“Thankies Mikey! I’ll names him….. Elfy!” he stared at me like I was crazy. Then he laughed. I laughed too and so did Mikey’s parents.
I handed Mikey my gift to him and he opened It to reveal the Misfits CD he wanted. He hugged me tightly.

“Your welcome.” Was all I could squeak out?

“Thanks Frank!” Then Gerard walked in. Mikey let go of me and we all watched him. He didn’t take one glace at me or at anyone else. He just walked into the kitchen. We waited for him to return but he never did.
I was thirsty. I walked into the kitchen and there was Gerard sitting at the kitchen table drinking wine. He glanced at me and kept watching me as I took out milk and poured It into a glass. He didn’t take his eyes off of me. I was quite nervous.

“Come here.” He whispered to me. I stood still. Was he talking to me?

“Come here.” He said with a little more force. I went over still holding my glass of milk.

“What’s your name?” he asked me.

“Frank.” I stuttered. He gave me a small smile then walked away.