Fairy Dust

Standing On Deaths Doorstep

*Mikey's POV*

Heavy footsteps filled the hallway outside the locker room where Frank, Gerard, Danger and I sat. I had my head in Dangers lap as he leaned against Gerard, asleep. Gerard was hardly awake with Frank sleeping beside him. All was peaceful before the disturbance outside. I carefully got up, trying not to awaken Danger or Frank.

"Mikes?" Gerard whispered.

"Hush Gee, I'll be back in a second." he nodded and dozed off. It made me smile to see all three of them like that.

I was just about to open the door but someone beat me to it. It swung open and nearly smashed my face in.

"What the fuck?" I mumbled as soldiers marched in.

"Get ready, we got an anarchist uprising to the west." the soldier said to me.

"But-" I was cut off by the amount of noise. Gerard, Frank and Danger awoke as soldiers prodded them to get ready to fight. We did as we were told and pulled on out boots and camouflage coats. We followed the soldiers past many room until we were in a courtyard, the sunlight was blinding and the wind was cold. We stood inline to receive a gun, helmet and gloves. Danger briefly showed us how to operate our weapon.

"Men, you are all brave souls to have enlisted here to fight for your country. Today is the day to prove us training you was worthwhile. Some will die but know this; you died for your country. God speed men."

Then someone shouted and soldiers were running out the courtyard gate and we were being dragged with them. I lost sight of Gerard but I could see Frank's distressed face and Dangers wild eyes. Adrenaline was pumping through my veins and I motioned Danger and Frank to help me find Gerard so we could get out of here.

"Gerard!" I called out. I could see him pushing his way over to us. "We need to get out of here!" we were at the back of the pack but we kept running with the soldiers who could protect us.

"Lets head south." Frank suggested. "It's too cold here anyways." we all smiled.

"I have a compass, the fighting is all here, Boston, Philly and NY. We could head to California?" Danger put in. We all nodded and we broke from the pack and began to run. I knew Danger could be put in jail for abandonment but It didn’t matter now. As long as we were together we would be just fine.
♠ ♠ ♠
The last update of 2007, Happy New Year and Happy Reading!