Fairy Dust

Day That I Die

*Mikey's POV*

I feel so dead and lonely inside. I haven’t known him that long, one day, and my heart has been ripped out of my chest. Nobody ever said that love was fair though. Danger knew just the right things to say though and what to do. If it wasn’t for the war, I would never have met him; if it wasn’t for the war he would still be alive. You never can win. Today is the day that I died, the day Danger died and whispered those three words in my ear.

"I'm hungry!" whined Frank. My stomach rumbled to agree but I felt to numb to notice.

"Me too." answered Gerard. "We can do what Danger said."

"Shoot a deer?" I asked coldly. My brother and Frank said nothing.

"We can steal something from a store." Gerard ignored my last comment.

"Where would we do that, were lost?" Frank asked. The day was at twilight and the sky was different shades of purple and pink and a hint of orange. Danger would have liked it.

"Were headed towards Dover, we could stop there." Announced Gerard, it wasn’t a question.

"But it will be crawling with soldiers!" Frank exclaimed. "Besides it's really far and I'm starving, what about you Mikey?" I nodded plainly, I didn’t feel like talking.

"Fine, we'll travel on the out skirts of the city, surely there will be a small store we could raid. Or we might find something close by in the morning."

"We should keep moving." I stated. Gerard nodded.

"You're right bro, sorry Frank, we need to keep moving incase soldiers are around and no fires." Frank sighed and nodded in agreement. "Frank? Can I talk to you alone for a sec?" Frank nodded and they walked off to a nearby clump of trees to talk. I stood there and scraped the dirt with my boot. The wind was picking up carrying a cold wind from the north. Fear was carried on those winds, and death.

I looked over at Frank and Gerard, they were waving there arms at each other and there eyes wild. I could hear there voices from here, not that I was trying to eavesdrop.

"Do you want to die!?" I heard Gerard yell.

"But I'm tired! We haven’t stopped moving since we left the base, besides, I'm starving!" Frank cried, tears were running down his cheeks. Like a small child who missed there nap.

"We need to keep moving!"

"I don’t care if I die, I want to rest!"

"Were resting now!" They carried on like that for a while until Frank threw up his arms one last time and walked away, past me to his pack. He picked it up and left our primitive camp. I shot a look at Gerard and went to comfort my best friend.

"I'm so tired..." Frank cried into my shoulder.

"I know." I whispered and rubbed Frank's back. "He's only trying to keep us alive."

"I know." he sniffed, rubbing his eyes.

"Come on, I'll talk to him, you sleep awhile. We can have sentry duty, I'll take first watch."

"Okay." Frank said and hugged me tight. Night has fallen and I don’t think I could sleep anyway. This offer I proposed to Frank was for me to think, think about what I could have done to safe Dangers life.
♠ ♠ ♠
It's just a filler but I promise more chapters soon, hope this makes up for lack of updates!!!