Fairy Dust

Safe Haven

*Frank's POV*

I feel like shit. I'm tired, I stink and on top of that, I'm starving! All in all, I hope this place has food and no traps. that would be bad. Still, we carried on up the front steps with rifles at ready. Mikey rung the doorbell.

"You idiot! What if that thing works and soldiers are in there!?" I hissed and Gerard shot a look to his younger brother.

"Well soooorry." he said mimicking me from earlier. I ignored it. The heavy wooden doors opened to an old man maybe in his 80s.

"Yes?" he certainly wasn't a soldier. We remained speechless, just held our guns for comfort. "Are you soldiers?" he finaly asked. We shook our heads.

"Were refugees, well, we come from Belleville." Gerard spoke up, I was gratefull he did.

"Ahh, come in." the man parted a way for us to enter a grand hall. "The lady of the house shall be down shortly to take care of you. In the mean time, can I take your coats, helmets and or guns?" we each handed the stuff the the man. I'm suprised he didnt tip over or crumble to dust.

Five excrushiating minutes went by until a lady in about her 50s glided down the wooden staircase in a evening gown. She stopped when she saw us.

"You poor dears, you must be starving and exhausted." she baby talked the word 'exhausted.' All we did was nodd. "Well then, Stuart will show you to your rooms upstairs. There you can rest and shower and Stuart will call you and the rest for supper." I was confused when she said others.

"Others ma'me?" I asked. She nodded and smiled.

"Other refugees who had nowhere else to go." she drapped her hand over her eyes dramaticly. "Such a pity this war began, Americans against Americans. How did you come to dress like soldiers anyway?" Mikey was ready to speak when he was cut off. "No need, suppers around the corner." then she pranced off, her silver hair flowing behind her.

"Okay?" Mikey said.

"I'll show you to your rooms." we followed Stuart to 3 rooms up the stairs. I looked at my room. It was old fashioned but cozy. How could the army not notice this place?

After I showered I decided to make peace with Gerard and Mikey. I had been a total asshole to them. I put on some clothes Stuart had left for me and walked over to Mikey's closed door. His room was right infront of mine, my first stop. I rapped on the door with my knuckles.

"Mikey?" I heard shuffeling of feet then the heavy wood door opened to see a sleepy Mikey. I had just woken him up. He was only in some clean boxers and his hair damp. "Hey."

"Hi."

"Listen Mikes, I'm sorry for being a total asshole to you. I didn't mean the things I said back at the camp site. I'm sorry." Mikey managed a small smile and embraced me in a hug which I returned with gratitude.

"I'm sorry too."

"You go back to sleep, you look like you died and came back to life." I regreted what I said when I saw the pain crease his face. He was remembering Danger again. "Sorry man." he shugged.

"I'll get over it, thanks anyways, see you at dinner." and that was that. He shut the door and left me standing there. At least we were cool again. I went over to Gerards room and knocked. The door flew open and almost imidiantly, the door opened and Gerard's head poked out. He saw it was only me and dragged me inside. Sometimes I never know what goes through his head.
♠ ♠ ♠
It's only a filler but it leads somewhere. Comments?