Fairy Dust

Move Along

(DONT READ THIS UNTIL YOU READ CONFUSION!!!)

*Mikey’s POV*

“How do you suppose we get out of here? We can’t climb over like before.” that was the longest sentence we had ever heard max say at once. All we could do was stand there staring at him. He blew his fringe out of the way with no success. “What?” we all shrugged.

“We could burrow.” Andrea suggested. We diverted our eyes from Max to give her questioning looks. She rolled her green eyes at us through her emo style glasses. “Like groundhogs, we part our ay through the branches of the hedges.” suddenly, everything melted away, all I saw was Dangers ghost standing in the snow but laving no footprints. He stared at me with unblinking blue eyes. He gave no smile or said hello, he just looked at me.

“She’s right, it’s the only way. To the right there are snipers in the trees, you need to move fast.” then as fast as he came, he was gone and everything flooded back to me.

“Mikes? Mikey!” Gerard shook me and I came back to reality. I focused on my big brother. “Our plan is that we burrow through the walls of the maze and sprint to the trees on the right and away from the château, got it?” It would be a slaughter if we did that! I shook me head. “Any reason why?”

“We go straight. There are snipers on the right side, we would all die.” Everyone looked horrified.

“How do you know?” Frank asked.

“I saw them.” I lied; I won’t tell them about Dangers ghost just yet.

“It’s probably crawling with soldiers…”

“It would be harder to get hit by bullets, a higher chance of hitting a tree trunk.” Andrea whispered. The frigid air was taking its toll on my fingers and toes, as usual, max agreed.

“Then it’s settled, we go straight.” he was once more outnumbered and forced to agree with my plan. Gerard was the oldest and therefore the leader, he was the one who went first and began clawing through the dead masses of twisted branches. He hissed and spit when a branch whacked him in the face or when they stabbed him but felt proud that he was protecting us. That’s when it hit me, that is why Max didn’t like us when we first met. He protected Andrea, and then we came along, older, stronger and handsomer. He thought we were trying to steal his thunder and his only connection to his old life. I think max has a thing for Andrea. I smiled until I was smacked in the face by a branch. We were on our hands and knees in the soft powder face to ass as Gerard parted our way and creating our path.

We were at the last roadblock on the highway of fear before crossing the valley of flying bullets. Then Gerard stopped before clearing the next hurdle. We all collided. We all collided according to age, Gerard, me, Frank, Andrea then Max. She turned around and they both blushed, young love at its first stages.

“Why did you stop?” asked Frank.

“I just want to wish us all luck, we may die tonight but I want you all to know these things; Frank I love you with all my heart and soul, Mikey you are the best little brother in the universe. Max and Andrea, you guys are the coolest druggies ever but where are you going to go?”

“Los Vegas probably, lots of opportunity.” they smiled.

“If we get separated, I hope we will meet again soon.” Frank said and we all smiled sadly.

“Andrea, I like you a lot.” Max burst out. She stared at him with wide eyes then wrapped her arms around his neck and they kissed. Gerard and Frank got in the mood and made out. This all gave me mixed feelings, happy for there love, jealousy that I didn’t have the same and sadness that Danger wasn’t here. He was just a ghost in the snow or a spirit or something. I really needed to move along with my life, like the song, move along by The All American Rejects. No matter now much I missed him, the song was right.

*Gerard’s POV*

Frank found and threw a stone in the opposite direction we were headed. Bullets pierces the stillness proving Mikey was right. I volunteered to go first, so I did. I made the opening through the hedge and ran. The snipers Mikey mentioned were definitely there and shooting at me as I zigzagged and took a dive into the bushes, safe. I crossed me fingers as I watched Frank take his turn at surviving as he came beside me. We watched my brothers pale face as he sprinted towards us but didn’t coadunate his landing and ended up on top of me. I didn’t see Max cross but he came in unharmed. Then it was Andreas turn, her wild eyes looking everywhere as she took her time, taunting the snipers. She crossed with no problems. Then we ran for our lives.

Dodging low branched and avoiding tripping over roots was our main priority. I never thought I would run into a person. Our bodies collided and we both fell on our asses. My traveling companions stopped in there tracks. First I thought I ran into a female soldier but the face was masculine, what threw me off was the hair. It was long and curly but was kept down by a helmet. We stared at each other, his brown eyes staring into my hazel ones. He was an Anarchist, the only real difference with the uniforms from the U.S Army and these guys was that the normal uniforms were olive and there were back and grey camouflage. He wore an anarchy symbol on his arm like a Nazi band, pure evil. I glanced to my left to see his rifle on the ground. He looked too then we sized each other up, after that it as a bit of a blur. We jumped for the gun but it ended in a miniature do pile, smacking, grunting and groping for the riffle. Mikey was the one who resolved it, the gun was just out of reach so he picked it up and aimed it at the soldier.

“Mikey, put down the gun...” I said in a low voice. Frank stepped closer to my brother.

“Mikes, you don’t want to do this…” he begged. The soldier stared at him with terrified eyes. “It wasn’t the Anarchists who killed danger, it was the U.S forces, and you know that.” Mikey sighed and tossed the gun away. The soldier kept his terrified face. We untangled ourselves and stood awkwardly.

“Thank you for sparring my life.” The soldier said. “How could I repay you?”

“By not killing us?” Andrea piped up and I smiled. Somehow I think were going to survive this war after all.
♠ ♠ ♠
Now we all know who it is :) Any guesses? lol