Fairy Dust

Toro, Toro, Olle!

*Frank's POV*

I walked in the back of the group, I didn't trust the soldier though Gerard was carrying the gun. He scared me a bit, he tried to kill my Gee. We trudged along, our footfalls bringing crunching noises in the snow. I guess I should get over my fear because I have a feeling he will be with us for a long time.

"So... what's the reason for the war?" I asked. The soldier who was near the front, turned around to look at me then turned back.

"We fight for the broken, the beaten.... and the damned." he mumbled the last word. I couldnt quite be sure what he was saying. What was the purpose to fight for those people? Why was there even a war, is this some sort of joke?

"I dont get it. How did the war start?"

"I dont really know, I was a music teacher before all of this. They told us our country was turning against us and that we were forced to become Anarchists."

"So this is a joke?" Mikey asked.

"I dont know, all I know is that my side is the bad guy because we bombed the three states to prove a point."

"Which was...? Gerard was tuning in.

"That's what I dont understand, I guess it's the reason for the war." we walked on withought a word until we came to a stream. "I'm Ray by the way, Ray Toro." he stuck out his hand for me to shake. I reculantly shook his hand. Max refused to but Andrea went for it, so did Mikey and Gerard. We introduced ourselves and were just starting a conversation about guitars but we were interupted by the sound of gunfire. Bullets hit trees displaying a shower of woodchips. It took a few seconds for us to regester we were being shot at. Our attackers were invisible in the dense foliage but the message was clear.

"Run!" Gerards usuall command was said and we ran along the creek that was no wider then a CD. Ducking under low branches, we came across the main river. We made a right and ran down river. Ice chunks floated by peacefully but nearly as fast as us. Then it happened. I felt my foot snag on a root and I felt myself falling. I hit an icy wall of freezing water. I was confused for a moment but when I broke the surface I heard Gerards voice call my name. I coughed and fought to keep my head out of the water, the current was eally strong.

"Frank! Look out!" Mikey and the others were running after me, the gunfire seized but I could barely make out the figures of 2 U.S soldiers. They were laughing! I blinked the frigid water out of my eyes to see what Mikey told me to watch out for and it wasn't pretty. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw someone jump in after me. A large ice chunk rammed into me, spinning me around to see my savior. It was Gerard swimming as fast as he could towards me.

"Gerard!" I cried out.

"Hold on Frankie!" my body was so cold. My shivered severly while another ice chunk turned me around again to see what Mikey pointed out. It was...
♠ ♠ ♠
Ohhhh cliffhanger! Wait until I get back to the hotel for more updates!!! That will be much later though, sorry! I have everything planned on paper though! On paper I'm 6 chapters ahead! I was writing on the plain like mad! Oh and sorry for all the spelling mistakes, this computer doesn't have Word!!! -Andrea