Fairy Dust

The Horse Doctor

(Dont read this until you have read Rescue Me!!!)

*Gerard's POV*

"Hi guys!" Mikey called to us.

"Where the fuck have you been!?" I demanded but deep down I was glad to see him alive and safe.

"I ended up further down but some refugees like us, found me and took me to their camp. There’s like a whole community!" Frank and I stared at him dumbfounded.

"What?" Frank asked, he was as shocked as I was.

"I'll show you, follow me."

"We can’t leave poor Ray to the wolves!" I said.

"There are wolves out here?" Frank looked around as if to see glowing eyes in the shadows.

"It's an expression sugar." I hugged him close.

Mikey and Frank carried Ray's dead looking body. I wondered about Max and Andrea, were they still alive?

After about 5 minutes, we stumbled upon a miniature village. The buildings were incomplete shacks with holes everywhere. No cars were in the laneways but it was a sure sign of civilization. A young girl, no older then about 8 watched us approach. She had short, greasy blond hair and big blue eyes. She was sucking on her thumb and playing with the hem of her ripped clothing.

"Mommy!" she didn’t take her eyes off us until she spun around and ran back to a shack where a woman who looked around 50 came out. A girl older then the other trailed who I guess was her mother. She had longer blond hair and the same blue eyes but this time, she had freckles.

"Hi Elizabeth!" Mikey called to the woman, she looked tired and depressed. She only half smiled as she made her way towards us. "Guys, this is Dr. Elizabeth Hearn, her husband is the one that saved me." we all shook hands and introduced ourselves

"Doctor?" I asked.

"Actually, I'm a horse veterinarian." it was a surprise. The two girls who I guess were her daughters, watched us from a far. "Those are my two lovely princesses, Nicola and Clare." she sounded very proud. "Come here girls and meet Mikey's friends!" The older girl wrinkled her nose but came over to us and so did her younger sister who looked very shy.

"Hi." Frank said bending down to be Nicola's height, which wasn’t that much lower. "What's your name?" the older girl gave him a bored look.

"Nicola and don’t baby talk me, I'm not 5, and I’m 11." Frank didn’t know what to say to that remark, so he said nothing.

"Come inside and eat something and put your friend on the bed." we followed Elizabeth into her shack and Mikey and Frank put Ray on the straw bed. She put a metal bucket of water over a crackling fire. "I'm sure Patrick wouldn't mind donating some of his clothes to you boys." she rummaged through trunks of stuff. How did she get it all here?

"Where did you get all of this stuff?" I asked.

"We found it." she laid pairs of clothes out for each of us.

"Can you help him?" I pointed to Ray. She looked ta him to.

"Yeah, I may be a horse doctor but I did a course on human medicine, Oh! Your arm!" I had almost forgotten about the throbbing pain. My sleeve was still rolled up to reveal the bone threatening to penetrate the skin. "I can fix that but first, take off your clothes all of you. Niki, bring the bucket of water." Nicola, who was watching us in the doorway, went over to the fireplace and used a cloth to take the heavy bucket off the fire. We hesitated with Dr. Hearn’s request. "Please, I'm a doctor. Don't you boys want clean clothes?" we did what we were told, boxers and all. Nicola had gone outside as we stood there awkwardly beside the fire, shielding our crotches with our hands.

"Your looking particularly naked today Frankie, what's your secret?" I said jokingly.

"I got told by Dr. Hearn to take of my clothes while she gets me new ones, and you? What's your secret?"

"Same here but you look extra sexy tonight." I growled in his ear. He smiled and kissed my lips with his cold ones while Dr. Hearn had her back to us.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments?